How many times has a grilled cheese sandwich come to your rescue when you needed a simple, satisfying meal? Probably a lot. Well, you may have a new go-to meal soon — because this turkey grilled cheese sandwich improves on all the goodness of a standard grilled cheese.
The flavor combos here are tough to beat. Take leftover turkey or deli turkey, put it between buttered bread along with cheese, bacon, and a ranch dressing you make yourself. The ranch dressing is a simple mix of mayonnaise and prepared ranch dressing. It gives the sandwich a delicious pop of flavor.
This recipe is pretty quick to make, but you could make it easier by using precooked bacon, heated in the microwave. You can also use cheddar cheese in place of the mozzarella if you would prefer.
I like to serve this turkey grilled cheese sandwich with kettle chips, but a green salad or a cup of tomato soup would work also.
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon ranch dressing
- 8 slices soft Italian bread
- 4 ounces shaved deli turkey or leftover turkey
- 4 slices bacon (cooked until crispy and halved)
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and ranch dressing.
- Butter one side of each bread slice. Lay your bread down on parchment paper or a non-stick surface, butter side down.
- Spread the mayo/ranch mixture onto the face-up sides of your bread. Top each of 4 bread slices with turkey, bacon, cheese. Close up the sandwich by topping it with a remaining bread slice, mayo side down.
- Heat a large skillet to medium-low heat. Place sandwiches into the skillet butter side down.
- Cook over medium-low heat turning once for about 6-8 minutes or until the bottom is golden brown. Turn the sandwiches and cook for 5-6 minutes longer or until golden brown and the cheese has melted.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 446Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 99mgSodium: 1084mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 26g