If you love the Wonton Chicken Tacos from Applebee’s these wonton chicken nachos are perfect for you. These nachos are topped with Chinese style chicken pieces with sauce, slaw, cilantro and red onion. A squeeze of lime juice really tops off the flavor nicely. Wonton wrappers are sliced in half and then fried in oil. The chicken is marinated in ingredients such as soy sauce, teriyaki sauce and stir-fry sauce and then cooked on the stovetop until done. Enjoy.
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (sliced into small chunks)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons stir fry sauce
- 8 tablespoons Asian toasted sesame dressing
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 tablespoons Asian toasted sesame dressing
- 10 wonton wrappers (sliced in half to create 2 triangles)
- oil (for frying)
- 4 tablespoons green onions (sliced)
- 4 tablespoons cilantro (chopped)
- 4 tablespoons red onion (diced)
- In a bowl or sealable plastic bag. Combine stir fry sauce, Asian toasted sesame dressing, soy sauce, and teriyaki sauce. Add chicken and mix well with the sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a medium bowl toss coleslaw mix with 2 tablespoons of Asian sesame dressing. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a wok over high heat. Add chicken with the marinade and stir fry until the chicken is fully cooked. Remove from the wok and transfer to a bowl. Add about 1/2 inch of oil to the wok over medium-high. Fry the wonton triangles in batches until golden brown on one side. Turn once and fry until golden brown on the other side. Drain on paper towels.
- To make nachos- line a plate with the fried wonton triangles. Top with some of the chicken mixture. Top with coleslaw mixture, green onion, cilantro, and red onion.