Apple Cider Glazed Pork Chops Recipe
There are several different ways to prepare pork chops on the grill but a delicious apple cider glaze is always a good option. These pork chops on bone-in but you can also use boneless if you would prefer. The pork chops are first rubbed with a spice mixture, placed onto the grill and brushed with an apple cider glaze. The apple cider glaze is nothing more than a simple combination of apple cider, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, crushed red pepper flakes, and salt. These pork chops are perfect for summer cookouts. I like to serve this recipe with a cold salad on the side. Enjoy.
Apple Cider Glazed Pork Chops
Yield: 4 Servings
1 1/2lbs bone-in pork chops
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Apple Cider Glaze-
- 1 ½ cups apple cider
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- In a small sauce pan add apple cider, maple syrup, Dijon mustard, red pepper flakes, and salt. Mix well. Bring to a simmer. Allow the mixture to simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- In a small bowl combine brown sugar, chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper. Add the oil to the spice mixture and mix well.
- Pat the pork chops with paper towels to dry. Rub the pork chops on both sides with the spice mixture.
- Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Place the pork chops onto the grill and brush thoroughly with the apple cider glaze. Grill for about 6 minutes, flip the pork chops and thoroughly brush with the glaze on the other side. Grill for about 2 more minutes, flip and brush again. Repeat this process until the pork chops are fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 145 degrees F.).
Adapted from Delightful E Made.