Chicken Caesar Burgers Recipe
In this recipe the ingredients of a delicious chicken Caesar salad are combined with a burger. Grilled chicken burgers are served on a toasted ciabatta roll and topped with Caesar dressing and romaine lettuce. The Caesar dressing gets a lot of flavor form ingredients such as lemon, garlic and anchovy. Parmesan cheese is mixed into the ground chicken to keep the patties form drying out while cooking. If you don’t have an outdoor grill you can use either a griddle, frying pan or an indoor grill-pan. Enjoy.
Chicken Caesar Burgers
Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 lemon
- 2 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1 small garlic clove
- ⅓ cup light mayonnaise
- ½ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 large heart of romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1¼ lb. ground chicken or turkey
- nonstick cooking spray
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- Grate 1 teaspoon of the lemon peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons of the lemon juice into a small bowl. Stir in anchovies, garlic, mayonnaise, and ¼ cup f parmesan cheese. Mix well, cover and refrigerate until needed.
- In a medium bowl combine ground chicken, ½ teaspoon of salt and ½ teaspoon of pepper, and remaining parmesan cheese. Mix until combined. Shape the mixture into 4 patties that are about ¾ of an inch thick. Spray both sides of the burgers with non-stick cooking spray.
- Prepare an outdoor grill over medium-heat. Place the burger patties onto the hot grill rack and cook for 12-14 minutes, turning once until fully cooked, the internal temperature has reached 170 degrees F. Remove the patties from the grill.
- Turn the heat to low and split the ciabatta rolls. Place cut-side down onto the grill and cook until lightly browned on the bottom.
- Served burger patties on the toasted rolls with Caesar dressing and romaine lettuce.
Adapted from Delish.