Chicken Parmesan Manicotti Recipe
The ingredients and chicken parmesan go great stuffed into manicotti shells. These chicken parmesan manicotti are loaded with shredded chicken, ricotta cheese, and parmesan cheese. The stuffed manicotti shells are topped with a homemade sauce and then baked in the oven. This recipe gets a lot of flavor from seasonings such as basil and oregano. I like to serve this dish with garlic bread on the side. Enjoy.
Chicken Parmesan Manicotti
Yield: 3-4 Servings
- 7 manicotti shells (cooked according to package directions)
- `1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and black pepper (to taste)
- 1 (28 ounce) can Italian style crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil leaves
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 basil leaves (chopped)
- Heat the crushed tomatoes in a saucepan over low heat. Add 2 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon of chopped basil and stir frequently until the mixture starts to bubble. Spray a 9x13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread a thin layer of the sauce onto the bottom of the baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium bowl combine the cooked chicken, ricotta cheese, parmesan cheese, egg, oregano, salt and pepper and stir until well combined. Stuff each manicotti with about ¼ cup of the chicken and cheese mixture carefully so that the manicotti doesn’t tear. Place the stuffed manicotti shells in a layer over the sauce in the baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the shells. Top with shredded parmesan and mozzarella cheeses.
- Place into the oven and bake for 35 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Top with fresh basil and serve.