Some of you may remember or have tried my Zucchini bread. Here is something better, blueberry zucchini bread! The perfect combination and both just happen to be in season right now. Make good use of that abundance of garden zucchini, go pick some wild blueberries and you have a cheap and easy treat. Chances are if you love to bake you already have most (if not all) of the ingredients on hand. This bread is very moist and the blueberries taste just fantastic. This recipe calls for 4 mini loaf pans but 2 regular size loaf pans will work as well. Totally optional but you could add chopped nuts into the mix as well. If you have been searching for a delicious zucchini bread recipe that won’t disappoint, give this one a try. Enjoy.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups zucchini, grated
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup nuts, chopped, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour bread pans. This recipe will make 6 small loaves, or 2 large loaves, or a combination of the two.
- Beat eggs in a large bowl, until foamy.
- Add sugar, oil, and vanilla, mix well.
- Add cinnamon, salt, soda, and baking powder. Mix well.
- Add 2-3 teaspoons of flour to a bowl with blueberries, toss to coat (this prevents blueberries from sinking during baking)
- Add the flour and zucchini alternately, mixing well after each addition.
- Fold in blueberries – be sure to include all of the flour
- Fold in nuts, optional
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes for mini loaves, increase time, depending on the size of your loaf.