- 1 (14 1/2) ounce can tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 (14 1/2) ounce can whole canned tomatoes (with the juice)
- 4 teaspoons canned diced jalapenos (canned, not pickled)
- ¼ cup diced yellow onion
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ¼ teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Place the jalapenos and the onion into a food processor. Process for just a few seconds. Add the canned tomatoes and green chilies and the whole canned tomatoes. Add garlic salt, sugar, cumin, minced fresh garlic, lime juice, and cilantro. Process all of the ingredients until well blended but do not puree.
- Pour salsa into a container, cover, and place into the refrigerator. Chill for at least 2 hours. Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.