When two of the best types of cookies come together in one you know you really have an amazing cooking recipe that everyone is going to love. These chocolate chip peanut butter cookies are easy to prepare and perfect for the holiday season. What is even better is that you probably already have nearly all of these ingredients on hand already! The cookie dough is prepared and then scooped onto a baking sheet and pressed down with a fork. The cookies are then baked to perfection. You can easily double this recipe to make large batches. Enjoy.
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teapsoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Using a hand mixer, cream together the peanut butter, butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until well blended. Beat in the egg, milk, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the peanut butter mixture and mix together until well combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Scoop out tablespoonfuls of the dough and roll into balls. Place the rolled balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Press each ball down with a fork.
- Place into the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes at 375 degrees F. Be careful not to overcook the cookies.