I was feeling very lazy last night so I decided to go with something relatively easy to make – crab quiche. If you are not familiar with a quiche it is a French dish that typically consists of eggs, milk and a pastry crust and is baked in the oven. There are many ways to make a quiche but I found the crab to be most suitable to my taste. Crab meat, Swiss and green onions give it a nearly perfect flavor. You can also add salt, pepper and maybe a little cayenne pepper if you like a little heat. These are totally optional and should be added to your taste. For the crust, I just used a box mix but you could make a homemade the crust from scratch or even get an uncooked one that has already been prepared. If you are in a hurry and want something easy to make, try this recipe for crab quiche. Enjoy.
- 1 (9 inches) unbaked pie crust
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1 cup of crab meat (or imitation crab)
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- ½ cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ cup green onions (chopped)
- salt (optional, to your taste)
- pepper (optional, to your taste)
- cayenne pepper (optional, to your taste)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl mix together eggs, milk, flour, and mayonnaise until well blended. Stir in crabmeat, cheese, and green onions. Pour over pie crust.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes or until a knife comes out clean.