This is a slightly different take on bruschetta, instead of having meat and/or vegetables this one consist of fruit. These bruschettas are sweet, delicious and full of flavor. I have been experimenting with a couple different types of this appetizer lately and this is one of them. Here is one that is kind of geared towards the dessert category. The French bread is first sliced, baked, buttered and sprinkled with a cinnamon and sugar mixture. After, it is topped with yogurt, honey, and the fruit mixture. If you want you can add additional fruits or replace them with others. This makes another great treat for the Holiday season. Enjoy.
(Makes 16 Bruschetta)Print
- 1 loaf of French bread (sliced into 16, ½ inch thick slices)
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 ½ tablespoons sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoons cinnamon
- 4 kiwi fruit (peeled and chopped)
- 2 bananas (diced into small cubes)
- 10 large strawberries (diced)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3–4 tablespoons vanilla yogurt
- Honey (for drizzling)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees. Arrange the bread slices on a large baking sheet. Place into the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Brush toast slices with butter on one side.
- Combine 1 tablespoon of cinnamon and 1 tablespoon of sugar and sprinkle with the mixture evenly over the buttered side of the toast. Broil in a preheated broiler for 30 seconds or until tops is bubbling.
- Remove and allow them to cool. In a bowl toss fruit with orange juice and remaining cinnamon and sugar.
- Spread yogurt on the top of each piece of top, top with fruit and drizzle with honey.