This recipe for Greek grilled chicken is an easy meal to prepare for summer. The chicken is marinated with ingredients such a lemon juice, red wine vinegar, garlic and fresh herbs. The chicken is then grilled on an outdoor grill. If you don’t have an outdoor grill, I would recommend using an indoor grill pan instead. A lot of the flavor in this recipe comes from fresh rosemary, thyme and garlic. All that you need to go with this delicious chicken is a good sidedish. Enjoy.
- 1 1/2lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon chopped rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- In a medium bowl combine salt, pepper, rosemary, oregano, thyme, cayenne pepper, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil, and red wine vinegar. Mix well.
- Place the chicken breasts into a zip lock bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken, seal the bag and shake to coat the chicken with the marinade. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat an outdoor grill to medium-high heat. Remove the chicken breasts from the marinade and place onto the grill. Cook for 5-6 minutes per side or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.).