- One Butterball frozen turkey breast, six pounds, thawed
- ¼ cup softened butter
- One pound red potatoes, small and halved
- One pound carrots, peeled and sliced
- Two cloves garlic, minced
- Two medium onions, quartered
- Four tablespoons sage, dried and minced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Let the oven heat to 325F. And while you wait, take the turkey breast out of the bag. Drain the breast, dry with paper towels, place it on the baking pan-skin-side-up.
- Mix the sage, garlic, pepper, and salt with butter in a bowl. Then, make a pocket under the turkey skin and spread about two tablespoons inside it. Take care, so the skin doesn’t tear off. Next, rub a tablespoon of the butter mixture on the turkey breast.
- Add the onions, carrots, and potatoes into the remaining butter mixture and toss. Then, arrange the vegetables around the breast in the pan.
- Roast in the oven for about two hours and 45 minutes, until the vegetables are soft. Check the doneness of the breast with a meat thermometer at its thickest part. You want the internal temperature to reach 170F.
- Transfer the turkey breast to a board on the counter, set the oven to broil, and stir the pan juice with the vegetables. Let the baking pan sit about six to eight inches away from the heating element.
- Broil the vegetables for about five minutes until they’re lightly brown. Halfway through the cooking process, stir the vegetables with the pan juice. Once it’s ready, serve along with the turkey breast.
For more directions on how to cook Butterball turkey breast, watch this video recipe.