There are various methods to prepare a hot dog, from pan-frying to grilling to oven baking to, dare we say, even microwaving, but it’s a little hard to tell which one offers the most delectable results. However, the great news is that you can savor the taste of a sizzling hot, delectable Nathan’s hot dog no matter which method you choose to prepare it.
Here, you’ll learn how best to cook Nathan’s hot dogs to achieve great-tasting results. We have also outlined some tips you need to keep in mind to ensure desirable outcomes with your cooking.
Hot Dogs Nutrition Facts
Tips for Cooking Nathan’s Hot Dogs
We have provided many helpful tips below that should make the cooking process for Nathan hot dog recipes an easy one and also help you achieve tasty results:
Choose your preferred cooking method – We’re guessing your kitchen doesn’t have the fancy industrial grills like the ones at Nathan’s Coney Island location. Don’t let this stop you, though; hot dogs from Nathan’s Famous can be made at home through various cooking methods, and they’ll end up just as tasty.
Pick a preferred method from the options we’ve described below:
Pan-Frying on the Stovetop
If you prefer your franks to be crispy on the outside, browning your hot dogs in a pan is your best bet.
Follow these easy steps.
- Put some water in a pan or skillet. Only a half-inch of water should be applied to the pan’s surface.
- Heat the pan over a medium-high heat level. Do this until the water coating the pan’s surface begins to boil, then turn off the heat.
- Place the hot dogs in the pan gently. If you choose to cook your hot dogs using this procedure, you’ll only be able to cook a few at a time.
- They should be steamed. To brown the hot dogs on both sides, roll them often.
- Serve the hot dogs. Make sure to get the hot dogs off the heat using tongs or a fork. Afterward, enjoy your meal.
Tip: You can try this approach for a deliciously toasted bun to go with your frank.
After removing the hot dogs from the pan, turn the heat off and set the buns with the face down in the remaining juices. Allow for 45 seconds of simmering time.
Cooking on the Grill
Follow these easy steps.
- Fire up the grill. One portion of your grill should be hotter, while the other should be cooler. If you’re using a charcoal grill, pile additional coals on one side of the grill. If you’re working with a gas grill, make adjustments to the knob settings.
- First, grill the hot dogs over the cooler portion of the grill to heat up without burning. You should be on the lookout for a perfect shade of brownish-red.
Tip: Arrange the hot dogs at an angle so they develop a lovely, diagonal char imprint.
- Cook each side of the hot dogs for one minute.
- Afterward, transfer the hot dogs to the grill’s hotter side. If the hot dogs don’t develop a deep brown color, leave them on the grill’s hotter portion and keep rolling them until they do.
- Afterward, remove the hot dogs from the grill, garnish them according to your preferences, and enjoy!
Cooking in a Microwave
Cooking hot dogs in a microwave is convenient because you can have them ready to eat in less than a minute.
Follow these easy steps.
- Make sure your frank is ready to cook. Wrap the hot dog in a paper towel and microwave it directly or lay it on a plate and use a paper towel to cover it. The moisture escaping from the hot dog during the cooking process will be trapped by the paper towel, making it lovely and juicy.
- If you’re cooking for more than one person, place the hot dogs on a platter and cover them with a paper towel. Ensure to leave some space between them so they can cook uniformly.
Tip: It’s a common misconception that first, you must pierce through your franks. Piercing it allows the tasty juices to escape, causing your dog to dehydrate.
- For one frank, cook on high for 40 or 50 seconds. Add around 20 seconds for each additional.
- When the timer goes off, verify that they’ve fully warmed up. Otherwise, microwave them for an extra 30 seconds and check again. Repeat the process until the hot dog is perfectly cooked.
- Be cautious when taking your hot dog out so as not to cause a fire with the trapped steam.
- Serve after garnishing.
Tip: It’s a good idea to microwave the bun on its own for 10 to 15 seconds for a toasty, fluffy result.
View this post on Instagram
Cooking Time for Nathan’s Hot Dogs
The ideal cooking duration for Nathan hot dogs has been described in the table below:
Cooking Nathan’s hot dogs on the stovetop
3 to 5 minutes
Cooking Nathan’s hot dogs on the grill
1 minute per side
Cooking Nathan’s hot dogs in the oven
Cooking Nathan’s hot dogs in the microwave
40 to 70 secondsPrint
- Adjust your oven‘s temperature to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and leave it to preheat.
- Make a halfway cut through the Nathan hot dogs using a knife.
- Spread the hot dogs out on a baking sheet.
- Cook them for 15 minutes, or until the hot dogs start to curl and develop a browned quality.
- If you want browner hot dogs, put on the broiler and brown them to your desired consistency.
- Remove the cooked hot dogs from the oven, sprinkle them with cheese, and return them to the oven for another minute.
- Place the hot dog on the buns and then garnish with additional toppings when they’re ready.
This recipe is one way to cook Nathan’s hot dogs for delicious results. There are also several other methods to choose from based on your preferences. One of such methods has been described in this video recipe, so we suggest that you check it out.