- 1 ½ pound scallops
- One tablespoon butter, unsalted
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Take out the abductor muscles from the scallops and discard them. Then pat the scallops dry and season liberally with salt and pepper. Leave it to sit and prepare the skillet.
- Heat the non-stick skillet over medium-high heat and add the butter. You can use olive oil if you wish. Let it get shimmering hot, and add the scallops.
- Sear the scallops for 2 minutes on one side, till the side turn golden brown. Check if they release from the pan, flip them, and cook the other side for 2 minutes.
- The scallops will be ready when both sides are golden brown and the texture is soft and firm. If you must exceed the suggested cooking time, do so by an additional one minute after you’ve flipped them.
- Once they’re done, serve the scallops warm and as you wish.
- For more help on how to cook stovetop scallops, check out this insightful video recipe.