- 2 turkey legs
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 sprig of rosemary
- 4 sprigs of thyme or ½ teaspoon of oregano
- ½ teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon of black pepper
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large mixing basin, combine all of the ingredients except the oil. Mix thoroughly and cut the turkey legs three times on each side.
- Apply the oil over all of the turkey leg pieces, then season them with the spice and massage thoroughly, being sure to touch every part.
- Allow the turkey legs to marinate for a minimum of one hour in the refrigerator (if you can afford to do this)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the seasoned turkey legs for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the internal temperature has reached 180 degrees Fahrenheit (82C)
- Allow for a few minutes of rest before digging in and enjoying your smoked turkey legs.
- You can explore with the marinade as much as you want for your oven-roasted turkey leg recipe. Adding a pinch of cinnamon, for example, would give the dish an extra festive feel and aroma.
- Use as much or as little cayenne pepper as you think your guests will prefer. Even if you don’t desire actual heat, a small sprinkling will provide a sense of coziness from within.
- Because we’re using turkey legs instead of turkey breasts or a full turkey, they’ll typically not need to rest as long. During the cooking process, the liquids they create will automatically baste them. You’ll only have to wait a few minutes for them to rest before you can dig in and start eating them.
This recipe for smoked turkey legs is, for lack of better words, absolutely delicious. If you’re a die-hard fan, this is definitely a recipe you should try; you’ll enjoy the delicious flavors that cooking the turkey meat in the oven will provide. Just make sure to follow all the right instructions to maximize the relish and satisfaction you and your guests will derive.
If you’d like to see more video recipes for cooking smoked turkey legs in the oven, then this video recipe may interest you