A great side-dish to bring to summer cookouts or to serve with grilled meats is tuna macaroni salad. If you are unsure of how to make tuna macaroni salad, it is actually very easy. This recipe is simple to prepare and has a good amount of flavor. The process to preparing tuna macaroni salad includes the cooking of the noodles and then mixing the noodles with ingredients such as mayonnaise, celery, and green peas. The amount of mayonnaise you add to this salad can be done to your taste, you can add more or less than the recipe calls for. You will want just enough mayonnaise to make the salad creamy. You can add additional ingredients as well such as cubed cheese. Enjoy.
- 12 ounces elbow macaroni pasta
- 12 ounces could chunk tuna (drained)
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup frozen green pea (thawed)
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Cook elbow macaroni according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Add cooked, drained pasta to a large bowl. Combine the pasta with drained tuna, chopped celery, thawed peas, and mayonnaise. Season with salt and pepper.
- Mix until well combined.
- Cover, place into the refrigerator and chill for at least 1-2 hours before serving.