Peanut butter and pasta, the combination might seem odd to you but its delicious. Peanut butter noodles are a quick and easy meal. Some of you might remember my recipe for Thai peanut chicken, well; this is very similar only with pasta added. The original recipe didn’t call for chicken but I require meat in my pasta dishes. The chicken, of course, is totally optional. Another thing that is optional is the hot Chile paste, if you like a little spice in your dishes, I would highly recommend adding it. You can add extra vegetables as well. This recipe is all about the sauce; the sauce is sweet, salty and has just the right amount of kick. For the noodles, you can really use whatever type of pasta you prefer (spaghetti, linguini, vermicelli, etc.). If you are looking for a different take on your typical pasta dish, be sure to give this one a try. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 2 cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts (sliced or shredded, optional)
- 8 ounces pasta (such a spaghetti, linguini, or vermicelli)
- ¼ cup peanuts
- ¼ cup green onions (chopped)
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 ½ tablespoons ginger root (minced)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 ½ tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons hot Chile paste (optional)
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add noodles and cook according to package directions. Drain.
While noodles are cooking in a medium saucepan combine chicken broth, ginger, garlic, soy sauce, peanut butter, honey, and chili paste.
- Cook over medium heat while stirring until the peanut butter melts and the mixture is smooth and well blended.
- Add noodles into a large serving bowl, add chicken, pour the sauce over the noodles and toss to coat. Garnish with green onions and peanuts.