I recently had a delicious steak burrito from Qdoba Mexican Grill restaurant and wanted to make my own at home. This is a copycat recipe for the Qdoba steak marinade. This marinade uses ingredients such as lime and orange juice, as well as cilantro, chipotle chili peppers are various seasonings. You can cook the steak either on the stovetop or on an outdoor grill. For the best results, an outdoor grill would be the best option. The steak can be used for tacos or burritos. The burrito in the pictures is loaded with this steak, queso, cilantro-lime rice, lettuce, tomato, and black beans. Enjoy.
Qdoba Steak Marinade Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 4 Servings 1x
- 1lb flank steak
- juice of 2 limes
- juice of 1 medium orange
- ½ cup cilantro (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients except for the steak in a food processor or blender. Blend well. If you do not have a blender, mince all of the ingredients and combine them in a bowl.
- Place the steak into a sealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the steak. Seal the bag and refrigerate for several hours to allow the steak to marinate.
- Remove the steak from the marinade. Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Place the steak onto the grill and cook until it has reached your desired doneness (medium-rare preferred).
- Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes. Slice the steak against the grain into thin strips.