- 1lb flank steak
- juice of 2 limes
- juice of 1 medium orange
- ½ cup cilantro (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 5 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add all of the ingredients except for the steak in a food processor or blender. Blend well. If you do not have a blender, mince all of the ingredients and combine them in a bowl.
- Place the steak into a sealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over the steak. Seal the bag and refrigerate for several hours to allow the steak to marinate.
- Remove the steak from the marinade. Lightly grease the grates of an outdoor grill. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Place the steak onto the grill and cook until it has reached your desired doneness (medium-rare preferred).
- Remove the steak from the grill and let it rest for a few minutes. Slice the steak against the grain into thin strips.