If you want to step up your French toast game then this is the recipe that you have to try. This strawberry cheesecake stuffed french toast is far more delicious than regular french toast. It is like a strawberry cheesecake stuffed between two delicious slices of french toast. You can serve this for breakfast, lunch or even as a dessert with dinner. Slices of Texas toast are dipped in an cinnamon and milk mixture and then stuffed with a filling. The filling gets a lot of amazing flavor from cream cheese, powered sugar and fresh strawberries. This is sure to impress people and will have them asking for the recipe. Enjoy.
- 1 cup diced strawberries (divided)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 (8 ounces) package cream cheese
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 8 Slices of Texas toast
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine strawberries and sugar in a small bowl, and set aside. In a large mixing bowl whip together cream cheese and powdered sugar until smooth and well combined. Fold in half of the strawberry mixture.
- Spread cream cheese onto a slice of the bread. Place another slice on top, pressing down the sandwich. Repeat until all of the stuffed french toast are prepared.
- melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. As the butter melts, grab a shallow bowl and beat the eggs, milk, vanilla extract and cinnamon in the bowl.
- Dip the stuffed french toast into the egg mixture, submerging both sides completely. Place dipped french toast onto the saute pan, cooking both sides until lightly golden on each side. Repeat with remaining french toasts.
- Serve with remaining strawberries and maple syrup.