- 1lb sirloin steak (sliced into thin strips)
- ¾ cup cornstarch
- A ½ cup of water
- 2 eggs
- 1 large carrot (julienned)
- 3 green onions (chopped)
- ¼ cup fresh ginger (minced)
- 5 garlic cloves (minced)
- Canola oil (for frying)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- A ½ cup of sugar
- 3 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a bowl add cornstarch, gradually add water while whisking. Beat eggs into cornstarch/water mixture.
- Add sliced steak strips and toss to coat. Pour 1 inch of oil into a wok, heat oil to 375 degrees or until oil is hot enough to fry the steak strips. Add a quarter of the steak strips at a time to the work. Separate with a fork and cook stirring frequently until crispy.
- Drain on paper towels. Repeat until all the steak is gone (*you can also use a deep fryer for this).
Drain all oil out of the work except for 1 tablespoon. Add green onion, carrots, ginger, and garlic. Stir fry for 30 seconds-1 minute.
- In a small bowl combine soy sauce, rice vinegar, sesame oil, sugar, and red pepper flakes. Add to the wok and bring the mixture to a boil. Add beef, heat through and serve.