If you’re a big fan of pizzas, then bagel bites should be just up your alley. They’re essentially small bagels with a variety of toppings, much like a pizza. Bagel bites can truthfully be considered a family favorite, and cooking them using tried-and-true cooking methods is sure to consistently provide great results.
If you would like to make bagel bites but aren’t sure about the ideal timing to cook them in the oven, toaster, or microwave, then we’re glad you’re here. This article will show you how to correctly make the perfect bagel bites using each cooking method.
Tips for Cooking Bagel Bites
The following tips and suggestions will prove really useful to you when you find yourself in the middle of cooking bagel bites:
What are bagel bites? – They’re essentially small bagels with a variety of toppings, much like a pizza. Mozzarella, various varieties of tomato sauce, and seasonings of your choice are some of the toppings typically used in bagel bites.
Bagel bites are typically split into quarters for handy bite-sized nibbling. They’re also quite practical due to their size.
Brands and flavors – Macabee, Orei-idea, and Shop-Rite, are all popular brands of bagel bites you’ll find. Cheese and Pepperoni, Supreme, and Three Cheese are just a few of the varieties available. You should also know that cheese, tomato sauce, and spices are the main ingredients.
Different cooking methods – There are a variety of cooking techniques to explore with bagel bite recipes. Try one or more of the following:
Oven cooking: If you want a crispier exterior on your bagel bites, bake them in the oven. The bagel bites don’t get stuck to the baking tray nearly as much as with other types of cooking. They also emerge from the oven at the optimal temperature, although they may take a little longer to cook.
Cooking bagel bites using this method can take between 12 and 16 minutes, depending on the number of bagel bites you’re baking at a time.
Microwave cooking: If you’re in a hurry, you can make use of the microwave for your bagel bites because it will take just three minutes to cook this way. You should, however, note that the bagel crust will be a little soft in the microwave, despite the fact that they cook quicker. They also have a tendency to stick to the crisper plate.
Cooking bagel bites in the microwave can take between 55 seconds and 3 minutes, depending on how many you choose to cook at a time.
Other cooking methods that work include using the toaster oven, convection oven, or air fryer. You’ll get similarly delicious results regardless of the chosen method.
View this post on Instagram
Cooking Time for Bagel Bites
The cooking time for bagel bite recipes will typically depend on the method of cooking you choose to employ in the process. The following cooking times in the table below are appropriate for the best results with bagel bites:
|Cooking Method||Cooking Time|
|Cooking bagel bites in the air fryer||6 to 8 minutes at 375F/191C|
|Cooking bagel bites in the oven||12 to 14 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit|
|Cooking bagel bites in the microwave||2 minutes and 10 seconds on HIGH|
|Cooking bagel bites in the Toaster oven||14 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit|
|Cooking bagel bites in the Convection oven||10 minutes at 450 degrees Fahrenheit|
- 1 box Bagel Bites, any flavor, frozen
Cooking bagel bites in the Air Fryer
- Remove the number of bites you want from the packet after deciding how many you can eat.
- Arrange the frozen bagel bites in the air fryer in a single layer; afterward, cook them for 6 to 8 minutes at 375F/191C.
- During the 5th minute of cooking, check the pizza bagels to see how they’re cooking.
- Each air fryer works in a slightly different way. Examine your bites to verify if they’re finished. If not, keep cooking.
- Take the bites out of the air fryer and eat them.
Cooking bagel bites in the Oven
- Set your oven’s temperature to 425 degrees Fahrenheit (218 C) and leave it to preheat.
- Place the frozen bagel bites on a lined baking sheet about a half-inch (or 1 centimeter) apart from each other. It doesn’t really matter how far apart they are; just prevent them from touching each other.
- Bake the bagel bites in the preheated oven for 12 to 14 minutes; make sure the baking sheet is placed on the upper center rack of your oven.
- Allow a minute for the bagels to rest before serving.
Cooking bagel bites in the Microwave
- Arrange your frozen bagel bites inside or on top of a microwave-safe plate, with the cheese and toppings facing up, do this after discarding the plastic wrapper that covers the crisping tray.
- Cook the bagel bites for 2 minutes and 10 seconds on HIGH in your microwave.
- Allow a minute for the bagels to rest before serving.
Cooking bagel bites in the Toaster oven
- Preheat the toaster oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (204 C).
- Place a box of frozen bagel bites on the toaster oven tray and pop it into the oven.
- Bake the bagel bites for 14 minutes, then set aside for a minute to allow the toppings to cool before serving.
Cooking bagel bites in the Convection Oven
- Heat up the convection oven to an ideal temperature of 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place frozen Bagel Bites about ½-inch or 1 centimeter apart on an ungreased lined baking sheet. For optimal results, make sure your Bagel Bites don’t touch each other.
- Bake the bites for 10 minutes; with the rimmed baking sheet placed on the middle rack of the oven.
- Because the toppings are hot, remove the bites from the oven and set them aside for a minute before you serve them.
There are a variety of cooking methods to choose from when cooking bagel bites, all of them ensuring and delivering really delicious results. This is definitely a recipe to try with your loved ones, you’ll love how much they’ll appreciate it.
If you’re interested in more recipe ideas for bagel bites, we suggest that you watch this video recipe.