Are you hosting a large group and looking for a delicious serving of finger foods? Or perhaps your kids are having their friends over, and you want to offer something lip-smacking? Then, mozzarella sticks are a splendid way to go. But the oven method can be tasking, requiring you to use lots of power for a small batch of snacks. So it’s why we’ve come with an excellent solution that offers even better results- the air fryer.
Air fryers are perfect for fast cooking, preparing crust foods with zero moisture, and giving crunch. And mozzarella sticks perform great when cooked in these modern appliances. So, next time you’ve got such a need and don’t want to try the oven, pull out your air fryer and whip up these delicious goodies for your guests.
Why Use an Air Fryer for Mozzarella Sticks?
Not many realize how handy air fryers can be, especially when making tasty snacks like mozzarella sticks. But below, you’ll discover why these kitchen items are a huge hit among many culinary experts globally. And you’ll see why they combine with mozzarella sticks to offer you pure convenience.
Its Speedy-You can have a delicious batch of your tasty cheese sticks in less than 10 minutes. This makes it perfect for cravings or when you need to bring an interesting appetizer to the table for guests.
It’s Easy-The air fryer method requires very little preparation. Toss the mozzarella sticks in the basket and set the timer and temperature. Then, sit back, grab a cold glass and let the air fryer do the work!
No Oil Needed-Mozzarella sticks come crusted and won’t stick to the basket. So, you won’t need any greasing or spritzing the sticks’ surfaces with non-stick cooking spray.
Works with Frozen Sticks-You don’t need to thaw frozen mozzarella sticks for the air fryer. Instead, they’ll cook in just as short a time as the regular ones when placed in the air fryer.
Cooking Time Mozzarella Sticks in an Air Fryer
Start by heating the air fryer to 350F or your cheese sticks. This temperature is important, as you want the cheese sticks to cook at a fast rate, and this won’t happen if the air fryer isn’t preheated. Next, dump your mozzarella sticks in the basket or air fryer container, ensuring they’re arranged in one layer. Afterward, cook them for six to seven minutes, and the recipe is done!
View this post on Instagram
Air Fryer Mozzarella Sticks Tips
- Ensure to shake the basket after five minutes of cooking to expose more surfaces.
- Mozzarella sticks come out hot after cooking in the air fryer, so let them cool a bit before you serve.
- You need each stick to cook evenly, which wouldn’t happen if the mozzarella sticks were stacked in the basket. So, ensure to arrange them in one layer before cooking.
- This recipe is great for making large batches because it cooks fast. But you’ll have to do so in batches of six to 10 sticks, depending on the size of your air fryer basket.
- Also, try sticking to the recommended cooking time for these frozen mozzarella sticks. The longer they cook in the air fryer, the more likely the cheese is to ooze out the surface
- Some air fryers don’t require preheating, so check yours to be sure. Such air fryers will cook the sticks faster, especially if they’re preheated, so only do this if a recipe calls for it.
View this post on Instagram
Serving Mozzarella Sticks
You can stick to the classic side dip of marinara sauce for air fryer mozzarella sticks. But you can also consider daring options that’ll dazzle your guests. For instance, you can consider a combo of smoky honey mustard and bleu cheese dressing. Or you can go further by pairing it with green salads, chicken wings, or any meaty or fishy burgers.
Other pairing options for these tasty cheese sticks are nachos, tacos, fries, taters, potato skins, and chicken nuggets. And you can offer it with onion rings, steamed vegetables, meatballs, or stuff them in a sandwich!
Think you can handle it? Then, jump on this recipe below;Print
- Ten mozzarella sticks, frozen
- Set the air fryer to heat to 350F, and put the mozzarella sticks in the basket. Then, cover and program the air fryer for five to seven minutes.
- At five minutes through the time, open the lid and shake the basket, so the mozzarella sticks are turned. Then, close again and cook for another minute or two. Then, serve the mozzarella sticks warm and with any preferred dipping sauce.
See this video recipe for more ideas.