If you’re looking for the perfect bite-sized treats, mini cupcakes should be top of your list of treats to explore. What’s more, these treats are just as simple to make as regular cupcakes. However, it’s vital to keep in mind that mini cupcakes will typically not take as long to bake as regular cupcakes, so there are a few things to keep in mind.
In this article, we’ll teach you all the tricks that will help you get the best with your mini cupcake recipes. One of the most important things to pay attention to is the timing guideline to ensure perfect-tasting results.
Cupcakes Nutrition Facts
Tips for Cooking Mini Cupcakes
When working with these bite-sized mini cupcake treats, there are some essential tips to keep in mind, and they have been outlined below:
Finding the proper tins – What you use to produce little cupcakes is sometimes called mini muffin tins. Mini muffin tins may be found in most supermarkets and on the internet. They’re typically made to bake 24 mini muffins or cupcakes at a time. Because most mini cupcake recipes yield about 48 cupcakes, you’ll probably want to buy two tins.
Steel tins and silicone trays are both available. To avoid sticking when using steel tins, use cupcake liners or lightly grease the cups with some cooking spray. You can typically bake the cupcakes straight in the silicone trays because there is no risk of them sticking.
Working with boxed cake mixes – Generally, a boxed cake mix should yield about 48 or four dozen mini cupcakes. However, this varies depending on the kind of boxed cake mix being used.
It usually takes roughly one tablespoon of batter to fill up a mini muffin cup for creating mini cupcakes, but you’ll need more than that amount. This is a quick and easy way to ensure you’re not overfilling the cups when measuring each mini cupcake.
The ideal amount of frosting to use – You’ll typically need between three to four cups of frosting when working with a batch of 48 mini cupcakes. Because most store-bought variations of frosting contain roughly two cups, buying two tubs of frosting is a good idea just in case. Most homemade frosting recipes yield three to four cups of frosting, but this tends to vary by recipe.
Different ways to explore different flavors – Making cupcakes is always a fun time because you can create them in any flavor you choose. A number of the more popular flavors include chocolate, white, lemon, and red velvet.
Rather than producing different batches, you can also divide a batch of white cupcake batter into several flavors. Simply divide the batter into as many dishes as you desire for different flavors. You can then add whatever flavors or ingredients you wish to your cupcakes.
This is a straightforward and enjoyable way to introduce variation to your mini cupcakes. Since most boxed mixes or recipes yield 48 mini cupcakes, this is a terrific way to liven things up while only using one boxed mix or recipe.
View this post on Instagram
Cooking Time for Mini Cupcakes
The timing guidelines in the table below will ensure the best possible results with your mini cupcake recipes:
|Cooking procedure||Cooking time|
|Baking mini cupcakes in the oven at 350 F||14 to 15 minutes|
For the cupcakes
- 2 ounces of semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 1 ¼ cups of all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons of baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ cup (½ stick) of unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup of sugar
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup of sour cream blended with ½ cup of water
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
For the frosting
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped Chocolate sprinkles
- Adjust your oven’s temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and leave it to preheat.
- Paper or foil liners should be used to line the 48 indents of mini muffin pans. You can also bake the mixture in batches if you only have one or two pans.
- In a small glass bowl, place the chocolate. Microwave the chocolate for 45 seconds, mix it, and then microwave again for an additional 45 seconds. Set the chocolate aside to cool slightly after stirring until it develops a smooth consistency.
- In the meantime, whisk the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt together in a medium mixing bowl.
- The butter should be smoothed out using a hand mixer. After that, mix in the sugar until the mixture is frothy, then add the melted chocolate.
- One after the other, beat in the eggs, make sure to do this well after each addition.
- Beat in half of the flour mixture on low speed, then add in the sour cream mixture and the remaining flour mixture. Pour in the vanilla extract.
- Snip off a corner of the large resealable plastic bag after pouring the batter into it. Afterwards, pipe the batter into the prepared cupcake liners. Bake the cupcakes for 14 to 15 minutes at 350°F; afterwards, leave them to cool fully.
- Place the heavy cream in a microwave for 1 minute, or until it starts steaming; do this while the cupcakes are baking.
- In a mixing dish, pour the steamed heavy cream over the chocolate and stir until the mixture gets smooth. Refrigerate this mixture for 15 minutes, or until cool enough to handle.
- Using a medium-high speed mixer, beat until the mixture is thickened and has an excellent spreading consistency (this should last for about 5 minutes; the frosting will typically be the color of milk chocolate by this time).
- Fill a piping bag with the frosting mixture and pipe it onto the tiny cupcakes with a little star tip (alternatively, you could spread the frosting onto the cupcakes).
- Sprinkle chocolate sprinkles over the frosting for decoration.
This is an easy process for making mini cupcakes and the entire duration lasts for about 45 minutes, including a prep time of 15 minutes, a cook time of 15 minutes, and an extra 15-minute cooling period.
More ideas on how to bake mini cupcakes can be found in this video recipe.