A party isn’t complete without pigs in a blanket! These big-batch, crowd-pleasing mini crescent dogs are perfect for any occasion and require only two ingredients. I’ll show you how simple it is to bake pigs in a blanket with crescent rolls, which is a simple recipe made with Pillsbury Crescent Rolls and cocktail-size sausages. Everyone loves these tasty hot dog treats whenever I make them! They don’t last long in our house. Pigs in a blanket are an excellent after-school snack for children to grab and eat as they rush through the door. How long does it take to cook pigs in a blanket? Flaky, savory, and perfectly dippable appetizers require only about 10 minutes of prep time and 20 to 35 minutes of baking time.
Prep time: 10mins
Cook time: 15 – 20mins
Pro Tips on Preparing Pigs in a Blanket
- Because chilled dough likes to stay chilled, make the first 2 dozen crescent dogs (from one can of dough) before removing the second can from the refrigerator.
- Allow enough space for each dough-wrapped dog to rise without collapsing.
- Flat cookie sheets are better for baking doughs because the hot oven air evenly circulates the wrapped dogs, which activates their swelling and turning them into a uniform golden brown.
- Set out small bowls of ketchup, chili sauce, your favorite mustard, and even a creamy horseradish sauce for serving. They’ll all work well with the smokiness of the mini sausages or hot dogs.
- To Make Ahead: Assemble crescent dogs according to recipe directions. Place crescent dogs on ungreased large cookie sheets. Do not attempt to bake. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Remove the plastic wrap and bake as instructed in the recipe.
How Long to Prepare Pigs in a Blanket
There is no “one-time-fits-all” when preparing pigs in a blanket. From preparation time to cook time, it all depends on what you want from your meal. On average, prep time usually takes between 10 to 15 mins depending on how big or small you want your blankets. Furthermore, on average, cook time (baking) takes between 15 to 20 minutes, depending on the extent to which you want your food baked.
How to Make Pigs in a Blanket
To begin making these pigs in a blanket, you will need one 8oz tube of refrigerated crescent rolls. Remove the dough from its packaging and cut it into triangles.
WRAP: Wrap the hot dogs in the dough, beginning at the wide end of the triangle, placing the pigs in a blanket on a cookie sheet that has not been greased.
WASH YOUR EGG: To make an egg wash, whisk together the beaten egg and a tablespoon of water. Sesame seeds should be sprinkled on top.
BAKE: They are now ready for the oven! Make sure your oven is set to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Preheat the oven to 12-15 minutes, or until the pigs in a blanket are golden brown. Remove from the oven tray and keep aside for a minute to cool. Serve and have fun!!Print
- 1 (8oz) tube refrigerated crescent rolls
- 8 (or more) hot dogs
- 1 egg (or more) lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons of melted butter
- Sesame seeds
- Coarse salt
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Unroll crescent sheets on a floured surface and tear where perforated. Each triangle should be cut into three smaller triangles.
- Place one cocktail Weiner on each triangle’s thick side, then gently roll to the thinner side.
- Sprinkle with coarse salt after brushing with melted butter on a medium baking sheet.
- Bake until it turns golden brown