If you’re in love with roasted vegetables, then you’re familiar with oven asparagus. These toasty delights are up there with the roasted broccoli and add an exciting hint of uniqueness to your menu. But of course, you may feel more at ease cooking most of your oven foods at a particular set temperature. So, what about if you’re considering roasting Asparagus at 350F?
The good thing is asparagus crisps easily when roasted and leaves a tender inside that compliments the crunchy exterior. And at 350F, any vegetable would be cooked to a toasty texture that blends with many other recipes. Plus, the Asparagus stalks also come out faster in this temperature, so you get a win-win.
Tips for 350F Oven-Roasted Asparagus
A few ideas may also come in handy when cooking Asparagus in a 350F oven;
- Keep the sizes of the Asparagus consistent. Thin stalks cook faster than thicker ones, so if mixed, the cooking time will be affected. Plus, some stalks may become too dry if left for long or remain raw in the middle if taken out early.
- Once the Asparagus is roasted to doneness, you can season it with any topping you prefer. A few tasty suggestions include lemon zests or wedges, toasted almond slices and, freshly chopped herbs. Others like red pepper flakes grated Parmesan cheese, butter, or a drizzle of balsamic vinegar can also work.
View this post on Instagram
Cooking Asparagus in the Oven at 350F
Note that at the 350F temperature, most vegetables roast to delicious crispiness. But you still have to follow some steps if you want to make the best of your asparagus stalks.
Prepare the Asparagus
Start by rinsing the stalks in running water and patting them dry with paper towels. Then, break off the woody ends of each stem, as these parts won’t cook through in the Oven. If you’re not sure where these ends stop, try snapping the bottom by bending it sharply. You’ll notice it break at the spot between the succulent part and the woody base.
Season the Asparagus
Once the Asparagus is trimmed, drizzle some olive oil on the stalks and sprinkle some pepper and salt. Then, toss the stems to coat them in the mixture evenly. You can do this mixing in a parchment-lined baking sheet, so the cleanup is more effortless.
View this post on Instagram
Roast the Asparagus
Toss the sheet into the oven and roast the Asparagus till they’re fork-tender. Thin stalks will take around 10 minutes to reach this doneness. Thicker stalks, however, will need about 15 to 20 minutes. Once the asparagus is ready, top it with any of your preferred ingredients.Print
- One pound asparagus; washed, base trimmed
- One tablespoon olive oil
- Black pepper, freshly ground
- Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- Almond slices, toasted
- Set the oven to 350F and while it preheats, toss the asparagus in a bowl with the oil, pepper, and salt.
- Arrange some parchment on a baking sheet and spread the stalks in one layer.
- Place the sheet in the Oven and roast for 10 minutes stalks- thick stalks would take from 10 to 15 minutes.
- When the asparagus is fork-tender, serve them with a sprinkle of grated Parmesan cheese and toasted almond slices.
You can also watch this video for another 350F oven-roasted asparagus recipe.