Jerk chicken wings are perfect for summer grilling and make a great appetizer for parties. This is not a wing sauce but rather a marinade. If you have had jerk chicken before you would know it has a very unique flavor. Some of the interesting flavors in the marinade are ground cloves, nutmeg, and allspice. The chicken wings can be marinated anywhere from 4 hours to overnight. If you want the best flavor I would recommend overnight. This is a very easy recipe, simple marinade the wings and then cook them on the grill. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
Jerk Chicken Wings Recipe
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- 3lbs chicken wings
- 6 green onions (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (seeded and minced)
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- A ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- In a food processor combine green onions, onion, jalapeño pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable oil, brown sugar, thyme, ground cloves, ground nutmeg, and ground allspice. Blend until smooth.
Place chicken wings into a bowl and pour the marinade over the wings. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours to overnight.
- Lightly grease grill grate. Place chicken wings onto the grill and cook turning as needed until chicken wings are fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees).
Thursday 3rd of July 2014
Wednesday 23rd of January 2013
These were CRAZY good.. I'll say this though.. And not to contradict how they are originally intended.. I baked them.. 450 degrees for 40 - 45 minutes.. I didn't turn them but I moved them at the 20 minute mark to prevent them from sticking... I just didn't have time to grill them so I figured I'd give the oven a try and it worked great so just know that's an option too.. Also, I only let them soak 4 hours because I thought of the idea at lunch so I'll be anxious to see if the flavor profile intensifies when I give them a chance to rest overnight prior to cooking.. Regardless, these will be made again and again in our houselhold.. HOMERUN. Period. Thanks!
Tuesday 8th of November 2011
Tried these and they were awesome!! So good!
Friday 16th of September 2011
I can"t wait to grill them
Wednesday 31st of August 2011