Jerk chicken wings are perfect for summer grilling and make a great appetizer for parties. This is not a wing sauce but rather a marinade. If you have had jerk chicken before you would know it has a very unique flavor. Some of the interesting flavors in the marinade are ground cloves, nutmeg, and allspice. The chicken wings can be marinated anywhere from 4 hours to overnight. If you want the best flavor I would recommend overnight. This is a very easy recipe, simple marinade the wings and then cook them on the grill. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 3lbs chicken wings
- 6 green onions (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 jalapeño pepper (seeded and minced)
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup distilled white vinegar
- A ¼ cup of vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- In a food processor combine green onions, onion, jalapeño pepper, soy sauce, vinegar, vegetable oil, brown sugar, thyme, ground cloves, ground nutmeg, and ground allspice. Blend until smooth.
Place chicken wings into a bowl and pour the marinade over the wings. Toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours to overnight.
- Lightly grease grill grate. Place chicken wings onto the grill and cook turning as needed until chicken wings are fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees).