KFC Georgie Gold Chicken is fried chicken pieces that are coated with a mustard bbq sauce and then topped with dill pickle slices. The chicken is coated with a flour and spice mixture and then deep fried until golden brown and crispy. The mustard bbq sauce is prepared in a bowl and gets a lot of flavor from ingredients such as mustard, molasses, honey, and vinegar. I like to use boneless chicken pieces instead of bone-in chicken pieces. Enjoy.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (sliced into wide strips)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- BBQ Sauce-
- ½ cup yellow mustard
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/8 cup molasses
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mild hot sauce
- In a medium bowl whisk together all of the sauce ingredients. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F.
- In a pie dish combine flour, salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder. In another pie dish whisk together egg and milk. Roll the chicken pieces first in the flour mixture, then dip in the egg mixture and then roll in the flour mixture again. Repeat with the remaining chicken pieces.
- Deep-fry in batches until golden brown and fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.). Drain on a plate lined with paper towels. Toss with the sauce and top each piece of chicken with 2 pickle slices.