It shouldn’t come as a surprise that buffalo chicken would go great on sliders. Buffalo chicken is piled onto slider rolls and topped with blue cheese slaw. Instead of using breaded chicken this recipe uses pulled chicken mixed with buffalo sauce. You can use leftover cooked chicken or you can cook the chicken any way you like. What I did was boil the chicken breasts until fully cooked, I then gave them some time to cool and shredded them using two forks. The blue cheese slaw is nothing more than coleslaw mix tossed with blue cheese salad dressing. This is another fantastic recipe for game day. Enjoy.
(Makes 6 Servings)Print
- 1/2lb boneless skinless chicken breasts (cooked and shredded)
- ½ cup hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 ½ cups shredded cabbage and carrot mix
- 4 tablespoons blue cheese salad dressing
- 12 slider buns
- Place cabbage and carrot mixture into a medium bowl. Add blue cheese salad dressing and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until needed.
- In a medium saucepan add butter and hot sauce. Cook over low heat until the butter has melted. Stir until well combined. Add shredded chicken and cook until heated through.
- Split the sliders buns in half and butter each half. Place face down in a frying pan over medium heat and cook until browned on the bottom. Pile buffalo chicken onto the bottom half of each slider bun, top with blue cheese slaw and place on the top half of the bun.