The confectionery world has invented many amazing hybrid snacks that have grown and are still growing in popularity in many parts of the world; one of such snacks is the bagel bites. This snack is the mini-sized combination of two other scrumptious snacks which is bagel and pizza, and it was incredibly popular among kids born in the ’90s; it was a household favorite for many, and it had a catchy advert jingle that might still be playing in your head now that you’ve thought about it.
Bagel bites are delicious, convenient snacks that can be eaten anytime and are commonly made in the microwave; this method is the easiest for kids to do within minutes, the oven method of making bagel bites also produce great results but it is not always used because the microwave is way faster but if you have an oven. If you’re curious about how to make bagel bites in it, then keep reading to find out.
The oven method isn’t time-consuming or difficult, so you’ll be able to make one in no time, plus the results are even better.
Tips to Note When Making Bagel Bites in the Oven
The procedures for making bagel bites are easy to follow and have zero complications. However, these tips listed below are little guides to help with your cooking process.
Let them cool first after cooking before you start eating; I understand how tempting it is to rush in on the bagel bites once you’re done cooking but remember they are hot and would hurt your tongue and fingers. So let them cool for a minute or two before eating.
You don’t have to use the crisping tray; the crisping tray comes with bagel bites and helps with the cooking when you’re using the microwave, but you don’t have to use it for the oven method, so remember to remove them before baking.
Carefully observe the bagel bites to see if they’re spoilt; to ensure that the bagel bites are good and safe to eat, check them carefully if you’d see molds and if they have an off smell different from the normal baked good smell.
Place the tray into the upper-middle rack of the oven; you would have to place the baking tray in the middle for even cooking because if it’s too low, the bottoms of the bagel bites would cook and maybe burn faster before the top side browns and if it’s too high the bagel bites top would cook faster than the bottom.
Remember to use oven mitts to avoid scalding your hands when making this recipe.
Evenly space the bagel bites, so they aren’t overlapping; place the bagel bites properly, so they are not sitting on each other and give little space around them, so the heat evenly distributes.
Line the baking dish with aluminum foil; this tip is optional, but it makes cleaning up a breeze, Use cooking spray or foil on the baking dish before placing the bagel bites on it and into the oven.
Pay attention to the cooking time; bagel bites are a brand of mini bagel pizzas. If you’d be cooking anything different from bagel bites, read the cooking instructions on the packaging, so you don’t make any mistakes.
Set the baking time based on the type and number of bagel bites; there are several types of bagel bites available; you could try cooking them in the oven using a particular cooking time and maybe adjusting it to suit your preferred doneness, but the bagel bites website has classified them into different groups and cooking times which includes;
Mozzarella– cook 12-24 pieces for 14 minutes
Three Cheese- cook 4-9 pieces for 12 minutes and cook 12-20 pieces for about 14 minutes.
Supreme- cook 9 pieces for about 14 minutes
Cheese and Pepperoni; Cheese, Sausage, and Pepperoni- cook 4 pieces for 12 minutes, 9-12 pieces for about 14 minutes, and cook 20 pieces for about 16 minutes.
Buffalo Chicken Style- cook 4-9 pieces for 12 minutes.
While following these cooking times, try checking on the bagel bites to avoid overcooking.
View this post on Instagram
Cooking Time for Bagel Bites in the Oven
The cooking time for bagel bites may vary depending on the type you’re using, but this table below contains information on the estimated cooking time to use when making bagel bites.
|Cooking method||Cooking time|
|Baking bagel bites in the oven at 425 degrees F||14 – 16 minutes|
Oven-baked Bagel Bites (9 Servings)
- 9 pieces of bagel bites
- Start by Pre-heating the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Take the bagel bites out of the packaging and lay them on a baking tray lined with aluminum foil or sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the baking tray into the upper-middle rack of the oven and cook for 14 minutes.
- Remove them from the oven with an oven mitt and let them cool for a minute or two.
- Serve and enjoy.
- In a small pot add 1 cup of fresh milk, Half a cup of butter, and heat it until it’s melted to 110°F (43° C).
- Pour it into a bowl and add 6 grams of yeast, 50 grams of sugar, 1 fresh egg, 525 grams of All purpose flour, and 2 grams of salt.
- Use a mixer to combine all these ingredients for about 3 minutes on low speed, and mix until it becomes elastic.
- After mixing, place the dough in a bowl and cover it with a plastic wrap for an hour so it rises.
- When the times up, rub some flour on the counter you’d be working on and start molding the dough into small balls.
- Place these balls on a parchment-lined baking sheet and let them rest and rise again for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and place the baking sheet into it, bake for about 16 minutes, and remove when the time’s up.
- Serve with some syrup or however you like.
If you’d like to see more ideas on how to make bagel bites in the oven, check out this video recipe