If you’re familiar with the numerous weight loss programs out there, then you know about the intermittent fasting meal plans. This regimen employs a unique approach to shedding pounds by imbibing dietary discipline and control in the user’s lifestyle. Here we’ll offer you a typical seven-day meal plan with intermittent fasting to help you reach your weight loss target. And you’ll find a range of whole foods properly planned to suit the dietary requirements of the plan.
An intermittent fasting meal plan is characterized by a period of eating followed by a lengthy one of staying off food. The meal plan is time-restricted, meaning you’re permitted a period of eating followed by one where you can’t. This diet operates in various forms, but the objective is to fast for a given period, hours, or a full day. There are also methods to fast on extremely low calories for days or alternate between a light meal during the day and a heavy one at night.
This plan follows the first method, the most popular running the intermittent fasting meal plan. Here, you’re offered a daily fasting window of 16 hours, after which you eat your meals in two forms; brunch and dinner. The fats meal plan is also run for one week, after which you’ll analyze the result by checking your weight and observing the bodily changes you’ve experienced.
This meal plan has no snacks, but you’re allowed to consume zero-calorie beverages during the fasting window. Of course, this is subject to your discretion, as you best know how your body adapts to the meal plan. And the diet consists of healthy foods, including lean proteins, fruits and vegetables, dairy, legumes, nuts and seeds, healthy fats, and whole grains.
Note that you should seek advice from a health specialist, preferably a dietician, before starting this meal plan. The required fast may not be an activity your body is prepared for, and as such, you’ll need the best suggestions on how to prepare for it. Also, your dietician would recommend the best calorie level to set your meals and maintain your body’s needs without stuffing yourself with too much of it.
Benefits of this Diet
The 7-day meal plan with intermittent fasting is an effective weight loss diet regimen and helps you lose up to three pounds weekly when done right. As you stay off food during the 16-hour window, your body thrives on its fat deposits, resulting in fat reduction and pound shedding. It also helps you control cravings, allowing you to watch what and how much you eat properly. And you can also learn portion control with the meal plan, and improve your dietary lifestyle, as the regimen recommends you avoid processed foods and refined carbs.
As you practice this intermittent fasting program, you’ll notice improved brain and cognitive function. The body gradually eliminates harmful materials accumulated from years of bad dieting, resulting in a steady reset of bodily functions. And its reduction of blood sugar by eliminating residual carbs reduces the risk of prediabetes and type-2 diabetes. It also helps lower blood cholesterol and pressure, allowing the circulatory system to return to primal form. And its weight loss benefits mean you can also avoid problems connected to obesity, like inflammation and arthritis.
You can also plan when to start and end the fast for this meal plan. For instance, the 16-hour fasting period can start from 10am to 6pm daily or from 12am to 7pm. If you live a busy life at the office, you can consider setting the eight hours when you’ll be at work, so you can eat and keep your body active. Then, you let it end just before bed, so you carry over the fasting period till morning and continue. Whichever you choose, you can adapt the meal plan to make the program convenient for you.
The meal plan is also adaptable and can be refitted for vegan purposes. Its use of whole foods makes it suitable for paleo needs, as such diets are known for their preference for pro-health foods. You can also adjust your Mediterranean diet to fit into this meal plan by comprising foods that suit it. And if you’re on a keto regimen, consider reducing the carb intake and supplementing it with more fats and proteins.
- Teriyaki Zucchini Noodle
- Buttered Cod in Skillet
- Triple Berry Spinach Salad with Candied Pecans
- Chicken Spring Roll Jars
- Honey Garlic Shrimp
- Carnitas Burrito Bowls
- Roasted Lemmon Butter Shrimp with Asparagus
- Crisp Fish Tacos
- Blackened Salmon with Avocado Salsa
- Cumin Spiced Beef Lettuce Wraps
- Plan your fasting time at a period that suits you most. For example, if you’re not used to skipping breakfast, consider setting the fasting hours to after lunch so you can eat breakfast late and match it with the lunch hour.
- While it helps to eat carbs during this meal plan, you should avoid refined grains, baked goods, and extremely sugary drinks. Keep the meal plan healthy by sticking to whole, fresh produce and foods without preservatives or additives.
- Alcohol isn’t recommended during this meal plan, as one of the goals is to develop a healthy diet.
- You can consume coffee, tea, or water during the fasting period, so long as they aren’t sweetened.
- Combine this meal plan with moderate exercises to promote better weight loss.
- If you’re setting your eating window to when you’ll be at work, make your menus the night before, and keep them in storage containers. This also helps you do less during the fasting hours to save your energy.
- Ensure that you don’t eat around two to three hours before sleeping. This way, you can rest better without straining your system and promote further weight loss.
- If your fasting period falls during your waking hours, keep yourself busy with activities to take your mind off possible cravings.
While the 7-day meal plan with intermittent fasting might sound scary, it’s not as hard as you might fear. The diet plan helps curb cravings, control portions, and regulate proper weight loss. It’s a handy way to build a healthy lifestyle without compromising on how much you at, as you can plot the calorie needs and dietary requirements to your preference. So, if you’re thinking of the next best idea for losing that chunk of weight you’ve gathered, this meal plan is here for you.