The ketogenic meal plan has gained massive fellowship as an effective weight loss diet program. And for a long time, many have depended on food group regulation to control eating habits. But did you also know that it can be completely modified to suit vegetarian needs? Well, that’s what this meal plan offers by creating an opportunity for such preference to repair the benefits of a keto lifestyle.
The vegetarian keto meal plan takes inspiration from both individual types of diet preferences. It combines the requirements of a vegan lifestyle with the nutritional objectives of a ketogenic diet. To this statement, the meal plan remains a high-fat-low-carb diet regimen, but its food sources are void of animal material. All vegetarian keto diet plan food bases are plant-based, including proteins and fats.
This meal plan spans seven days, offering three main courses, two intermittent snacks, and one dessert. It comprises fresh produce, including whole grains, fruits, fiber, and vegetables. Still, the protein and fat sources are mostly from pulses and vegetables, like lentils, green peas, cannellini beans, avocado oil, olive oil, and coconut fat. It also features vegan-friendly food options like tofu and hummus and allows flavor enhancers such as balsamic vinegar, herbs, and spices.
It’s important to note that this diet plan is specially programmed for vegetarians, meaning eggs and dairy are included. But it’s also a low-carb diet, so you’ll find fewer carbohydrates on the menu, as expected. Most energy sources come from fats, which make up the bulk of meals. And the proteins and vegetables offer a gradual digestion process, so energy is slowly released into the body and maintained throughout the program.
Benefits of this Diet
This meal plan combines two of the best diets for shedding pounds, making it a super-efficient way of controlling weight and obesity. And with it, you can lose up to two pounds weekly! The vegetarian lifestyle eliminates unwholesome foods and replaces them with healthy alternatives like fruits, nuts, and seeds. And the keto diet tremendously cuts down on calories, making its menu mostly 70% of fat. So it’s why the vegetarian keto meal plan can work for obese people and those who wish to cut down on their weight fast.
The combination of ketosis and dependence on fresh produce pushes the body to exhaust the excess sugar in its system. Next is a systemic cleansing where toxins are flushed from years of eating unhealthy. And because both lifestyles can also be portioned, you can plan how many calories you consume daily, depending on your weight loss aim. Plus, the vegetarian keto meal plan helps you develop a better outlook on what you eat and how much you put in your body.
You can adjust this food plan for paleo and vegan needs and modify the weekly calorie value to your preference. If you aren’t sure how to measure your daily calorie needs, consult your trusted dietician for advice. Also, note that while this meal plan is set for seven days, you can adjust it to a month if you prefer. But note that you should only decide if your doctor approves it.
Download Here: 7-Day Vegetarian Keto Meal Plan
- Strawberry Smoothie with Tofu
- Soy Egg Salad with Summer Vegetable Bisque.
- Olive Tapenade with Cucumber Slices.
- Black Bean Sauce with Vegetable Burgers.
- Chocolate Silk Pie.
- High-fiber content cereals with Fruit.
- Green Salad Black with Bean Soup.
- Vegetable Spring Rolls and Spicy Peanut Sauce.
- Scrambled Tofu.
- Cajun Tempeh Chicken Salad with Collard Greens.
- Spinach and Artichoke Dip.
- Vegetarian Sloppy Joes with a Green Vegetable Salad.
- Blueberry Soy Cheesecake.
- Mushroom Frittata with Spinach.
- Tofu with Vegetable chef Salad.
- Eggplant Dip along with Whole Grain Crackers
- Spinach Pesto along with Roasted Eggplant Lasagna
- Poached Pears in Chocolate Sauce.
- Tofu Benedict.
- Vegetable Slaw with spiced lentil soup
- Jalapeno Hummus with Jicama Sticks
- Parsley with Portobello Patties
- Apple Crumb Pie
- Oatmeal along with Fruit
- Spiced Tempeh with Vegetable Salad
- Celery stuffed with hummus
- Sesame-Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms and Black Bean.
- Apple and Zucchini Cake
- Coffee with Chocolate Smoothie
- Four Hearts Salad Serve with Split Pea Soup with Cabbage
- Mushrooms stuffed with Pine Nuts
- Stuffed Eggplant with Vegetable salad
- Fudge Truffles
- Make extra batches to store for later. You’ll need them, so you don’t have to cook every day.
- Remember to consult your doctor or dietician before engaging in any meal plan. They’re qualified to examine your physical state and tell you if you’re fit for such a lifestyle.
- Note that switching to a ketogenic diet may cause what is known as ‘keto flu.’ This condition is characterized by headache, nausea, bad sleep, tiredness, muscle cramps, constipation, and dizziness. But you can ease the signs with regular exercise, drinking plenty of fluids, and rest.
- Note that this diet plan may cause your body to lose out on certain nutrients. So, adding a few nutritional supplements may fill that need. Talk to your doctor about such potential changes so that they can help with the right options.
- This meal plan is unsuitable for children, pregnant women, and nursing mothers, and it’s also not permitted to people with type 2 diabetes, eating disorders, and those on medications. So it’s why one needs to talk to a health expert before they begin.
- Note that you can repeat menus on this schedule and reshuffle them as much as you want. Breakfast meals can go for lunch, lunch for evening snacks, and desserts for afternoon snacks. You can also remove foods and replace them with suitable alternatives to the meal plan.
- If lactose intolerant, replace lactose dairy with lactose-free or plant-based options.
- This meal plan also includes lots of nuts and seeds, so take note and make adjustments if you have allergies.
- Only use whole foods and fresh produce for this diet plan. As such, avoid refined foods, processed carbs, sweetened foods.
Living on a vegetarian diet can seem restrictive, and even more so when you decide to go keto with it. But you can still achieve weight loss and food portioning objectives with the right schedule. This meal plan offers these benefits and more, ideal for such needs. And it’s a sure way to impart a lifestyle change, live healthier and feel happier.