Not everyone can fully commit to the requirements for losing fat, which explains why numerous varieties of the keto diet plan exist. As you come across regular keto meal plans, you also hear about options like lazy keto, which allows you to exceed the stipulated amount of carbs you should take. While these regimens may work for some, others may want to stick to the diet as purely as possible. And for such people, a strict keto plan is the best way to go.
This meal plan offers the recommended foods for a ketogenic lifestyle in the right proportion and nothing less. It’s designed to encourage maximum weight loss while keeping the body vitalized simultaneously. And the best thing is it works for everyone, including those on a different diet.
Many keto plans exist, offering loopholes to ease beginners into the lifestyle. But while these plans mean well, it’s easy for such people to assume that’s what keto is all about. But many don’t realize that a true keto meal plan has a set formula. And knowing this fact is the first step to fully understanding what a strict keto diet means.
A proper keto diet should be 75% fat, which is necessary as that’s the main energy source. The plan is to force the body into ketosis, that is, the state where it operates using fat as its energy source instead of carbs. In contrast, the carbs are reduced to 5%, meaning only about 20 to 50g of the entire menu is made of it. What follows is around 10 to 30% protein in the menu, resulting in the ultimate formula for a strict keto meal plan.
The meal plan works with tons of keto-friendly foods and recipes, including eggs, meat and poultry, fish, nuts and seeds, and non-starchy vegetables. Healthy fats are derived from avocados, coconut oil, olive oil, coconut butter, peanut butter, and many similar foods. You’ll also find dairy foods like milk and cheese in the meal plan, all featured in full-fat form for maximum ketosis encouragement. And to make the recipes tastier, condiments like balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt, fresh herbs, and spices are also included.
The meal plan offers three daily meals, kept simple with no snacks in between. But since the calories aren’t the main issue here, you can include treats between the menus of your choosing. The plan is also slated for seven days, but you can adjust it to 14 or even 21 days if you like.
Before embarking on a strict keto diet plan, it helps to ensure that your body is qualified for such. And to know this, visit a professional health expert or dietician near you. Also, note that such certified personnel will work with you during the diet period, giving you recommendations on the best methods of practicing the diet plan. They’ll also help determine your dietary needs, what foods to replace in case of allergies, and other ways to modify the meal plan to your preference.
Benefits of the Diet
Living on a liberal keto diet can push one to make more compromises regarding their diet. As many meal plans exist that encourage minimal consumption of anti-keto foods, the user may get carried away and go beyond the plan. Plus, what’s considered small by a person may be influenced by uncontrollable cravings and oppose the counsel of the dietician. For such reason, a true-to-the-core keto plan is the best way to go.
This strict keto plan aims at helping you reach your weight loss goals without compromising the values of the diet. And with it, you can successfully drop two pounds each week! The keto diet plan lets you live by the fundamental laws of the diet, helping you eliminate harmful substances from the body and fighting obesity. This further reduces your risk of related illnesses like heart issues, hypertension, high blood sugar, and joint inflammation.
Prediabetes patients suffer from abnormal blood sugar levels, and this diet plan can greatly assist them. By living in this strict keto meal regimen, your body is pushed to exhaust the excessive sugar levels and come to depend on ketones instead. As such, the threat of diabetes is kept at bay, and your eating lifestyle is improved. It can also be a tremendous help for those with type 2 diabetes, as it helps regulate blood sugar and improve cognitive function.
The strict keto plan is a high-fat-low-carb diet but can be adjusted to suit vegan and vegetarian needs, as such diets also help in shedding the extra fat. You can also adopt it for paleo and Mediterranean needs, as the foods are fresh, whole, and free of additives. Because the plan is flexible, items can be taken out and added to suit other needs. But its pure keto nature is only attained when carbs are kept at a maximum of 5%.
Download Here: Strict Keto Meal Plan
- Eggs (two) fried in pastured butter served with sauteed greens.
- A bunless grass-fed burger topped with cheese, mushrooms, and avocado atop a bed of greens.
- Pork chops with green beans sauteed in coconut oil.
- Mushroom omelet.
- Tuna salad with celery and tomato, atop a bed of greens.
- Roast chicken with cream sauce and sauteed broccoli.
- Bell pepper stuffed with cheese and eggs.
- Arugula salad with hard-boiled eggs, turkey, avocado, and blue cheese.
- Grilled salmon with spinach sauteed in coconut oil.
- Full-fat yogurt topped with Keto granola.
- Steak bowl with cauliflower rice, cheese, herbs, avocado, and salsa.
- Bison steak with cheesy broccoli.
- Baked avocado egg boats.
- Caesar salad with chicken.
- Pork chops with vegetables.
- Cauliflower toast topped with cheese and avocado.
- Bunless salmon burgers topped with pesto.
- Coconut milk chia pudding topped with coconut and walnuts.
- Cobb salad made with greens, hard-boiled eggs, avocado, cheese, and turkey.
- Coconut chicken curry
- You can prep the meals beforehand and keep the extra batches for later.
- Stick only to keto-friendly foods during this meal plan as it doesn’t permit compromises. Plan your meals with meat, fatty fish, eggs, poultry, full-fat dairy and cheese, healthy oils and fats, nuts, and seeds. Also included are natural nut butter, fresh herbs and spices, vinegar, lemon juice, and non-starchy vegetables.
- All baked goods aren’t allowed in a strict keto diet and stay off fast foods, processed foods, and foods with preservatives and colors.
- You can’t have grains in a strict keto diet, including pasta, oats, breakfast cereals, wheat, and tortillas. Starchy vegetables, legumes, and beans are also prohibited, as they’re high in sugar.
- All fruits and fruit juice are banned in a strict keto diet and replaced with leafy vegetables. You also can’t have sports drinks and soda.
- Any foods with high carb content can’t be consumed in a strict keto diet. This includes BBQ sauce, sugar alcohol, dipping sauce, sugary salad dressings, maple syrup, ice cream, agave syrup, and coconut sugar.
- Water is a highly recommended beverage for a strict keto diet. But you can make it fun by using herbs and spices like mint and basil. You can also have tea or coffee if they’re unsweetened, and sparkling water is also another option to try.
If you wish to stick to the fundamental design of a keto diet, then this plan is an impressive stepping stone. Living on a keto diet isn’t child’s play, but the benefits outweigh the cost tenfold. So it’s why one should consider fully committing to the diet plan with zero compromises if they wish to get the best value from it.