Hershey’s chocolate pie is always a solid option to prepare for the holidays. You cant beat the rich and delicious chocolate flavor of this pie. This recipe is easy because you can use a premade pie shell and then it is just a matter of preparing the filling on the stovetop and refrigerating the pie. Once the pie is done chilling in the refrigerator you can top the slices with whipped cream and chocolate chips for serving. Enjoy.
- 1 (9-inch) pie shell
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 3 cups of milk
- 2 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups Hershey’s dark special dark chocolate chips (divided)
- whipped cream (for topping)
- Bake the pie shell according to package directions. Remove from the oven and cool.
- In a 2-quart saucepan stir together sugar, cornstarch, and salt. In a medium bowl combine egg yolks and milk. Gradually blend the milk mixture into the sugar mixture in the pan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture comes to a boil. Boil and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat and stir in butter and vanilla extract. Add 1 and 3/4 cups of the chocolate chips and stir until the chips are melted and the mixture is well blended. Pour into the prepared pie shell. Cover with plastic wrap and press the plastic wrap onto the filling. Cool. Refrigerate for several hours or until chilled and firm.
- Top slices with whipped cream and remaining chocolate chips if desired.