Method 1: How to cook Chicken Kabobs by oven
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and a cool cast iron grill pan and mix chicken bits in a bite-size bowl along with (garlic, salt, olive oil, rosemary, and pepper).
- Combine the honey, olive oil, soy sauce, pepper, garlic, and salt in a big bowl for mixing while they preheat. Mix them together in order to combine ingredients.
- Cube the chicken and add it to the bowl with bell peppers, zucchini, and red onion. Toss the chicken inside the marinade for coating. Cover it and let it sit in the refrigerator and refrigerate for at least an hour or up to 8 hours.
- Soak the wooden skewers for at least 30 minutes in cold water before using them. Preheat your grill pan or grill to a medium-high. Using skewers, alternate threading the chicken, onion, green bell pepper, and red bell pepper pieces. Using the skewers, thread the vegetables and chicken.
- Brush the grill grate with a light coating of cooking oil. Brush a prepared grill pan with barbecue sauce and arrange the chicken kabobs in one layer. Preheat the oven to 350°F and bake the skewers for 25 to 30 minutes, flipping halfway through. Continue cooking for 15 minutes at 450°F, or until the chicken juices run clear, flipping and coating with barbecue sauce regularly. Ensure that the chicken is well cooked.
- For each side of the chicken, cook for 5-7 minutes, or until the chicken is fully done. Depending on the size of the chicken chunks, you may have to continue cooking for an extra 5-10 minutes.
- Serve with a sprinkling of parsley.
Method 2: Using a Grill, Prepare Chicken Kabobs
- Your chicken should be cut into small or large pieces. Boneless, skinless chicken can be used.
- Mix the honey, olive oil, garlic, vinegar, thyme, oregano, pepper, and salt together in a separate bowl or liquid measuring cup.
- Combine all of the ingredients for the marinade in a large mixing bowl.
- Combine the chicken with the marinade in a mixing bowl or ziplock bag and toss to coat (or seal the bag and crush to coat). Refrigerate for about 30 minutes or close to 3 hours to allow the chicken to marinade (If you leave the chicken out for too long, it will break down due to the vinegar.) Soak wooden skewers in water for about 20 minutes if you’re using them.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat when ready to grill (about 375 degrees F). Brush your oil or grill spray on the grill iron.
- To make the kabobs, start by threading them together. Remove the skewer from the bag and thread it with a piece of chicken. Alternate zucchini, red onion, red ball pepper, and yellow squash till you reach the end of the skewer, then finish with chicken.
- Grill the kabobs over medium-high heat (approximately 375 degrees F) for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the chicken is well cooked and the juices drip clear, rotating the skewers every few minutes to ensure that all sides cook well. The lemon should be squeezed on the top and transferred to a serving platter. Fresh herbs can be sprinkled on top. Warm the dish before serving.