Cooking frozen fish filets in the air fryer reduces the amount of fat and calories in each piece while also eliminating potentially dangerous ingredients found in conventional fried dishes. If you enjoy the crispiness of deep-fried meals, you’ll discover that this cooking style is a healthier way to achieve the same result.
This article will teach how best to cook fish filets from a frozen state using your air fryer. Also, please pay close attention to our helpful tips, recommendations, and guidelines to obtain satisfying results with your cooking.
Fish Filets Nutrition Facts
Tips for Cooking Frozen Fish Filets in Air Fryer
The following tips, guidelines, and suggestions have been compiled to help you through the cooking process for frozen fish filets in an air fryer and to guarantee desirable results at the end:
Assessing doneness – Fish cooked sufficiently should flake readily with a fork and have an opaque rather than transparent quality. At the end of cooking, the fish’s color is generally determined by its species; for instance, you can’t expect to see the same color in cooked tilapia and cooked salmon.
The easiest approach to guarantee that the fish is completely cooked is to use a kitchen thermometer to check that it has achieved a safe minimum internal temperature of 145F.
Making ahead and storage tips – You can choose to cook your frozen fish filets in the Air Fryer ahead of when you need it. If you want to create a large quantity, cook them all simultaneously, then keep them in the refrigerator until you’re ready to serve.
If you cooked a large number of frozen fish filets or if you ended up with leftovers after serving, there are several options for storing them:
- Refrigerating: The cooked fish can be kept in the refrigerator. Allow the fish to cool before placing them inside an airtight container. Afterward, keep them for up to 2 days in the fridge.
- Freezing: If you prefer a longer storage period, it’s much better to keep them in the freezer. Allow the fish to cool before transferring them to an airtight container and putting them in the freezer.
Reheating tips – Fish cooked from frozen can be reheated using an air fryer. The size of your fish filets will determine the ideal cooking time and temperature. Preheating your air fryer at 350 degrees Fahrenheit is a good starting point. Spray the previously prepared fish with a bit of cooking oil spray, then air fry the fish for 3 to 5 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Some recipe suggestions based on dietary preferences – Whitefish that hasn’t been breaded is a lean protein with low-calorie content. The breading introduces several calories from oil and refined flour, making the meal ultra-processed.
In this situation, opting for plain fish rather than the breaded kind will save you almost 170 calories. In addition, you’ll get more satisfying protein in your diet.
If you’re a big eater, feel free to pile on some more non-starchy veggies until satisfied. It’s good to include a large salad on your dinner plate. The starch comes from the breading on the air-fried fish, while the protein comes from the fish itself.
You can also add a dish of whole grains if you want higher-energy food. You can include 3/4 cup of cooked rice mix. The rice will provide some fiber, B vitamins, and approximately 150 calories to the dish.
Cooking Time for Frozen Fish Filets in Air Fryer
The ideal timing guidelines to follow when cooking frozen fish filets in the air fryer have been described in the table below:
Cooking frozen fish filets in the air fryer at 350 degrees Fahrenheit
Frozen Fish in Air Fryer (Breaded Fish Filets) (3 Servings)
- One lb. froze breaded fish filets (4-inches long by 2-inches wide by ¼-½ inches thick)
- One medium lemon, quartered
For quick tartar sauce (optional dipping sauce)
- Six tablespoons of mayonnaise
- Three tablespoons of chopped dill pickles
- Arrange the frozen fish fillets in one layer on an air fryer tray. If you’re using the same number of filets as in this recipe, you should be able to fit all of them on a single tray. You also shouldn’t need to apply cooking spray if you’re using breaded fish with a lot of oil or fat.
- Place the tray containing the frozen filets in the air fryer’s top rack. This is the closest location to the heat source.
- Frozen fish should be air-fried at 350°F (175°C) for about 5 minutes. After that, turn the fish filets over and return the tray containing the fish to the top rack. Cook for another 7 minutes at 350°F (175°C) in the air fryer.
- Ensure your fish has achieved the safe minimum internal temperature of 145°F (63°C); verify this using a kitchen thermometer. If it hasn’t, continue the air frying process for a few minutes longer.
- While the fish is cooking, combine the mayonnaise and pickles to make a simple tartar sauce alternative.
- Zest the lemon juice over the fish before serving. Tartar sauce should be served on the side.
This recipe for air fryer frozen fish filets yields such delicious results, and it’s also quick, easy, and adaptable. Try it for a delicious and healthy meal option for you and your loved ones, but follow the appropriate cooking guidelines to guarantee the best possible results.
If you’d like to see more recipe ideas and inspiration for air fryer frozen fish filets, we recommend checking out this video recipe.
- Considering your personal preferences and medical needs, this recipe might not suit you. If you need assistance establishing the right dietary pattern, talk to a certified dietitian or your doctor.
- The nutritional information for your recipe will vary depending on the brands and products you use. Calorie info on food labels can be wildly wrong, so don’t worry about the figures.