If you’re a regular guest at fancy restaurants, then you know how pricey a serving of King Crab legs can be. And with good reason, since they’re tasty, versatile, and remain one of the most exotic kinds of seafood you can find. But you don’t have to spend heavily at these fancy spots to enjoy such an exquisite meal. With the fitting instructions and tips, you can make your own King Crab legs right there in your very kitchen.
King Crab legs are derived from the King Crab, a giant species of crab found in colder seas and oceans of the coasts of China, Europe, and North America. The King Crab is distinct for its enormous size and its lengthy legs. Three species are commonly caught for food, namely the Red, Blue, and Golden king crabs. Of the three, the Red King Crabs are the most famous. The King Crabs are very difficult to fish since their size is intimidating, and their habitats are freezing. These factors contribute to why the legs are so pricey.
Dreamiracle Air Fryer Toaster Oven Combo
[amazon box=”B08ZMZHZDW” template=”horizontal”]
Why Cook King Crab Legs in the Oven?
To beat the need to spend a fortune at gourmet restaurants, you can buy fresh King Crab legs and cook them yourself at home. Of course, note that the legs aren’t exactly fresh but pre-cooked and blast frozen for sale. But why should you consider the oven above all cooking methods for King Crab legs?
It’s Convenient-You don’t need to keep checking the recipe constantly. Set the temperature and timer, sit back till it dings, and make slight adjustments where required.
You Can Cook a Large Batch-If you have a crowd, an oven is the best option. Not only will it give you a tastier result, but it also allows you to prepare more legs at once.
Oven-Cooked King Crab Cooking Tips
Like every other method, cooking King Crab legs in the oven requires a few tips. Like these below;
Preheat the oven to 375F. This temperature allows a balanced cooking environment for the crab legs. Too low, and they’ll cook for longer, too high, and the shell will char faster than the meat will cook.
Use a Rimmed Baking Sheet, as it’s the best way to keep the water or liquid seasoning around the crab legs.
Season the King Crab legs generously with your seasoning mixture by brushing it over the surface. Make sure to cover every part of it.
If you want the crab legs to cook faster, seal the baking sheet with foil. Be sure that the seal is pretty tight, so steam doesn’t escape. The foil traps the moisture and helps cook the crab legs faster.
Put these tips to good use in this easy King Crab legs recipe below;
Top 3 Ingredients to Cook King Crab Legs
[amazon box=”B015ONU4JE,B09VH7KW37,B074J5WZS8″ grid=”3″]Print
Baked King Crab Legs (2 Servings)
- Three King Crab legs
- Four tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- One teaspoon lemon juice
- One teaspoon Old Bay seasoning
- One teaspoon minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 375F. While you wait, like the crab legs on a rimmed baking sheet, and then melt the butter over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, Old Bay season, and minced garlic to the melted butter and whisk. Divide the sauce and keep half aside for dipping.
- Thoroughly brush the remaining sauce over the crab legs, making sure to coat every part. If any extra sauce remains after, pour it over the crab legs. Toss the baking sheet in the oven and cook for 30 minutes. The crab legs should look flaky and opaque.
- Once it’s ready, set the baking sheet down and cut each crab leg in half. Then, serve along with the dipping sauce. Use a crab leg cracker and pick set to get most of the meat out.
Another delicious recipe can be found in this video.