We used to believe that ribs could only be properly made in one of the best smokers or on the grill – often after being cooked in a slow cooker – plus that they should be cooked for a long time.
When these approaches are not possible due to time constraints, a lack of tools, space, or other factors, you can think up. You can cook some ribs in a regular oven. After all, you can do a lot more with your oven than just baking. Moreover, these are the greatest ribs you’d ever try – I promise!
My key to perfectly oven-baked ribs is to roast them low and slow. Some people believe that experts should handle the preparation of ribs, but this is not true. Ribs can be baked in the oven with so much ease. Notably, all you need is time; 95% of the time spent on the recipe is spent sitting back and relaxing while the ribs cook.
Ribs Nutrition Facts
Tips on How to Cook Ribs in Oven at 450
- In a shallow roasting pan, arrange the ribs in a single layer. Roast the ribs for about 20 minutes at 450 degrees F, flipping once.
- You may believe you’ve burnt your ribs after cooking them at a high temperature, but after baking them again at a low temperature with the sauce, you’ll be surprised at how tender and juicy they become.
- Long cooking times at low temperatures benefit the strips, which are difficult to regulate on the grill and quickly burn the meat.
- The best, most foolproof approach to ensure that your ribs are fall-off-the-bone tender is to bake them covered in your oven at a low temperature. Our ribs are baked for two to three hours at 275°F. This straightforward procedure ensures tender ribs.
- You may be wondering if it is possible to overcook ribs. Oh well, yes, it is possible to overcook ribs. The meat should easily detach from the bone when light pressure is given. If the meat is falling off the bone, it has most likely been overcooked.
- Place the rib pan (exposed) in the oven (after preheating the oven to 300 degrees F).
- Cook the tights for 1½ – 2 hours if you are cooking back ribs for kids – cook spare ribs for 2½ – 3 hours if you boil them.
- To keep the ribs from drying out, wrap them with aluminum foil halfway through the cooking period.
- Wrapping the ribs in foil speeds up the cooking process while also ensuring that they are tender. The Texas Crutch is another name for this. We will, however, uncover the ribs after two hours of cooking to apply the sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 450°F or 500°F and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until golden brown.
- Pour the cooking liquid around the ribs rather than on top for the best results. As a result, expert advice on how long to cook ribs in the oven at 350 degrees was required.
- Roast the ribs for about 20 minutes at 450 degrees F, flipping once. Ribs should be cooked for around 20 minutes at 450 degrees F. Cover halfway through the cooking time.
- When you stop to baste the ribs for even cooking, you can flip them. Wipe ribs with damp paper towels or a wet towel.
- I recommend removing the thin membrane covering the rack for the most sensitive ribs. When cooked, it can become tough, and since we prefer ribs that fall off the bone, the membrane must be removed.
- It’s possible that the butcher has already done it, but just in case. Gently insert a knife under the membrane and peel it away from the bones with your fingertips to remove the thin membrane. If it’s slippery or difficult to remove, grab it with a kitchen towel and pull.
How to Cook Ribs in Oven at 450
These oven-baked ribs are delicious thanks to low and slow cooking. I recommend serving the ribs with sweet and spicy barbecue sauce after roasting, though you may use anything you like.
I have highlighted a step-by-step guide to show you how to cook ribs in the oven:
Step 1: Start the recipe by preheating the oven to 275 degrees Fahrenheit (135C).
Step 2: Remove the thin membrane that covers the back of the rack if it is still attached to the ribs.
Step 3: Proceed to season the ribs on both sides generously with salt and pepper. Make sure to season the ribs with a spice rub if you are using one.
Step 4: Place the ribs in a large roasting pan or rimmed baking sheet, meat-side up. Cutting the ribs in half may be necessary to fit them into the pan.
Step 5: You can cover the pan or baking sheet tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 2 to 3 hours, or until the meat easily falls away from the bones.
Step 6: After 2 hours, we like to check on the ribs to see how they’re doing. When the meat is cooked through and tender, the ribs are ready.
Step 7: You can make the barbecue sauce while the ribs are baking. So get a saucepan, heat it over a medium level, then pour in the olive oil to heat.
Step 8: Cook – occasionally stirring – until the onions are tender and transparent, about 5 to 8 minutes. Cook for another 30 seconds just after you have added the cumin.
Step 10: Cook for 2 minutes after stirring everything together and seasoning it with salt. Remove the ribs from the oven and set them aside to finish roasting.
Step 11: Remove the ribs from the oven, discard the foil, and coat both sides liberally with barbecue sauce.
Step 12:This final step is optional. Position an oven rack at the oven’s top. Preheat the broiler to high and cook the ribs for 3-4 minutes, or until the barbecue sauce caramelizes. Keep an eye on the ribs while they broil to prevent the sauce from burning.
View this post on Instagram
How Long to Cook Ribs in Oven at 450
Country Style Ribs
- 4 lbs of pork spareribs
- One can of beer (12 ounces), warm
- 1 cup of barbecue sauce
- You can commence the recipe by preheating the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then make sure the ribs should be cut into serving-size pieces (2 to 3 ribs).
- You can proceed to pour beer over the ribs in a baking pan.
- Then make sure you cover securely with foil and bake for 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- After that, remove the ribs from the oven and place them on a serving plate.
- Then you can go ahead to drain the fat and beer from the pan.
- Then return the ribs to the pan and coat with sauce – as little or as much as you prefer.
- Then cover closely once more.
- This time, reduce the oven temperature to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Bake for another 45 minutes.
You can watch this video recipe to learn how to cook ribs in the oven at 450.