Shaved beef is a steak that has been thinly sliced to allow the enticing sauce to soak into the flesh. If you marinate the meat long enough, it will become extremely soft and flavorful.
Beef shaved steak is thinly sliced meat from any region of the animal. Because it is mostly used to make a sandwich steak, it is also called a sandwich steak. Roast beef sandwiches, Chinese hot pot, beef broccoli stir fry, and Philly cheesesteaks are all possible with shaved beef. You can also serve shaved beef with rice.
The name of one of the dishes is often used to sell shaved steak it’s been employed in for a long time, which demonstrates its adaptability and wide appeal. A roulade is a meat rolled around bacon, pickles, and onion in German butcher shops.
Meat (rib eye), onions, and cheese (provolone, American cheese, or Cheese Whiz) make up the iconic Philly cheesesteak. You can serve a cheesesteak with the dish you’re most comfortable with.
Steak Nutrition Facts
- Nonstick frying pan
- Mixing bowl
[amazon box=”B07BCX2YNG,B0771PLNQR,B07QY25R7M” grid=”3″]
How to Cook Shaved Steak
- To make thinly slicing the steak simpler, freeze it for around 45-60 minutes prior.
- Cut the steak into thick slices on the grain.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Put the beef slices into the mixture and allow it to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Use medium-high heat to heat the ginger, minced garlic, and oil in a nonstick frying pan.
- Continue to cook and combine the thin beef slices inside the pan and marinade them on high heat. Make that the pan isn’t overcrowded (cook in batches if needed).
- Cook the beef for 2 minutes on each side, flipping the pieces halfway through to make sure both sides are cooked.
- Toss in the green onions, brown sugar, and beef broth. 1–2 minutes in a hot pan (taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings according to your preference). Turn off the burner. Enjoy your meal!
Tips for Cooking a Beef Steak
- Freeze the steak for 45-60 minutes before cutting: Freezing the steak for about an hour will give you the cleanest cut, and it will be much easier to cut it into ultra-thin slices once frozen.
- When cutting the beef, cut it on the grain: It is very important to the meat. By slicing against the grain, you’ll reduce the length of the muscle fibers in your steak, preventing a rubbery, chewy texture.
- Before cooking, marinate the cut steak as follows: For this Asian-inspired dish, marinating your steak will result in a more tender texture and a lot of umami flavor.
- Stir-fry thin beef over high heat: If you want to cook your beef quickly, use high heat. Make sure that you’re careful in order to prevent overcooking your beef.
How to Make a Shaved Steak Cheesesteak
Shaved steaks are commonly used to make Philly cheesesteaks; here’s how to make a cheesesteak with shaved steaks.Print
1: Onions Saute
To begin, coat a big frying pan in olive oil and heat over medium heat. You have the option of putting butter in the pan and melting it until it’s bubbling, or you may spray it with cooking spray. After halving the onion, thinly slice it. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until onions are tender, browned and caramelized.
You have the option of slicing or finely chopping your onions.
2: Cook Shaved Beef
After that, check the pan for any residual cooking oil (or cooking spray). Season with salt and pepper after adding the shaved beef and cooking it. Cook until the shaved beef is no longer pink, using a spatula or two wooden spoons to carefully peel it apart. Also put inside the mixture, your onions.
Note: If you want to add the beef in a different way, you can do so in a separate bowl. If you can’t cook everything at once, cook it in sets. The steak cooks very quickly because of how thin it is. Flip your steaks after a few minutes.
3: Get The Rolls Ready
Without entirely slicing apart the hoagie, slice it lengthwise. On the inside of each half, spread butter.
4: Construct The Cheesesteaks
Finally, in your pan, divide the meat into two halves (or more depending on how many rolls you have). Re-incorporate the onion into the meat. Place a slice of cheese on top of each chunk of meat, then place the open side of the roll on top of it. Once the cheese has melted, gently flip the sandwich onto a dish with one or two spatulas.
- Serve cheesesteaks with a side of your choice on a dish.
- For making cheesesteaks, the best meat to use is shaved beef.
- Arrange your cheesesteak in the pan.
Use a spatula to put the cheesesteak on a plate.
I recommend paying more attention to the appearance of the meat than the cut when buying steak sandwich steak.
Freeze the meat if you have enough time. Then slice the frozen steak as thinly as possible using your sharpest knife.
View this post on Instagram
Cooking Time for Shaved Steak
These cheesesteaks take less than 30 minutes to prepare and only require one pan. When cooking shaved steaks, there are a few distinct timing guidelines to keep in mind:
|Cooking method for Shaved Steak||Cooking time|
|Freezing||45 to 60 minutes|
The many methods of cooking shaved steaks may be seen above, but if you want to see a more practical approach on how to prepare shaved steaks.