Apple Crisp, which is also known as apple crumble in the United Kingdom makes a great dessert. Chances are you have probably enjoyed apple crisp on a few different occasions. If you have not, or you’re just looking for a really good recipe, I highly recommend trying this one. This is a great way to make good use of your apples at this time of year. Apple crisp is basically sliced apples topped with an oat/flour mixture that is baked in the oven. You can either choose to leave the apple skins on or peel them. I have tried this both ways and the dish turned out fantastic. To save time I used an apple peeler/slicer device rather than doing it by hand with a knife. This dessert dish is great served warm or cold. Personally, I prefer the dish to be a little warm when I eat it. It also goes great with vanilla ice cream! Great for the holidays or just as a dessert, give this one a try. Enjoy.
(Makes 4 Servings)Print
- 4 medium apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- ¾ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/3 cup butter (softened)
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Put sliced apples into the bottom of an 8 or 9 inch lightly greased baking dish.
- In a bowl combine brown sugar, flour, oats, cinnamon, nutmeg, and butter. Mix until well combined.
- Spread the oat/brown sugar mixture over the sliced apples.
- Place into the oven and bake for 35 minutes.