The Super Bowl is coming up fast and now is a great time to step up your nacho game with Doritos and shredded Mexican chicken. The chicken is shredded and mixed with a Mexican flavored tomato sauce. The nachos are piled with the shredded chicken and cheese. You can top these nachos with whatever you like but some good options are green onions, guacamole, lettuce and tomato. If you need a delicious nachos recipe, be sure to give this one a try. Enjoy!
- 1 bag nacho cheese Doritos chips
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 4 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 16 ounces tomato sauce
- dash of salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- In a small bowl mix together oregano, garlic powder, chili powder, cumin, salt, and pepper. Set aside.
- In a medium skillet melt the butter with the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken breast and cook, turning at least once for 5-7 minutes per side or until fully cooked (the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F). Remove from the pan and allow the chicken to cool.
- Shred the chicken using two forks. In the pan that the chicken was cooked in. Add the tomato sauce and the spice mixture and mix well. Stir in the shredded chicken and until well combined. Heat on the stove until simmering. Turn of the head.
- On individual plates pile some Doritos and top with some of the shredded chicken and a layer of shredded cheese. Microwave until the cheese has melted and top with any condiments.