- One turkey breast, bone-in, skin-on, three pounds; thawed
- One tablespoon kosher salt
- One tablespoon unsalted butter
- ½ teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- Set the oven to heat at 450F, and dry the breast with paper towels. Then, gently loosen the skin above the breast with your fingers, and rub half the butter underneath the skin. Apply the remaining butter all over the turkey breast and season with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the oven heat to 350F and cook the turkey until it reaches 165F on a meat thermometer. Return to check for this doneness after one hour, and then every 10 minutes afterwards. And if the skin seems to brown faster, cover the turkey breasts loosely with foil.
- When the temperature reaches 157F, take the turkey breast out and rest for 15 to 20 minutes. Then, carve the breast and make gravy with the pan drippings if desired.
Want more ideas? Here’s a video on how to cook turkey breasts per pound.