Picture this; you wish to make a hearty dish but don’t have much time to spare. And you don’t want to stick to regular quick-cooking meals that won’t add weight to your table. Perhaps you’ve also considered cooking some pork ribs but fear it would take way too long to be ready. Well, you’ll be surprised to find out that it wouldn’t.
Boneless pork ribs are renowned for their quick-cooking nature, and when prepared in the oven, they’re ready in very little time. But imagine if there were some way to make them cook even faster? Well, wonder no more because you can whip up delicious and juicy boneless pork ribs in the oven quickly. How fast, you ask? I say within 30 minutes!
Tips for Fast Oven-Cooked Boneless Pork Ribs
The trick here is speeding up an already speedy recipe process, so you’re not doing much different from the usual steps. Still, these tricks help you cut down a few minutes while at the same time retaining that juicy tenderness craved in boneless pork ribs.
Trim the Fat Cap-Boneless pork ribs tend to come with a layer of fat at the back area of the ribs. If you want the recipe to cook fast in the oven, the first step is to trim these layers off as much as you can. Also, take the time to cut the silverskin, as it won’t cook when you leave it.
Deepen the Rib Cuts-Once you’ve trimmed the fat cap, you’ll also want to deepen the rib cuts by cutting slices into the slab of boneless pork ribs. Most times, this cut is about 25% of the pork rib’s thickness. But if you want fast cooking, make it up to 50% deep to increase more surface area for cooking.
Fast-Cooking Boneless Pork Ribs in the Oven
To cook boneless pork ribs fast in the oven, follow these brief steps;
- Trim the pork ribs of excess fat and silverskin. Then, deepen the meat by 50% of its thickness, and set the oven to preheat at 350F.
- Smear a baking tray with olive oil or cooking spray. Then, place the pork ribs on the pan and season generously with salt and spices. Boneless pork ribs can be seasoned the same way you would for pork chops. So, consider options like paprika, ginger powder, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, onion powder, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, black pepper, or cumin.
- Toss the ribs into the oven and cook for about 20 to 30 minutes until the internal temperature reaches 145F.
Once the pork ribs are done, leave them to sit for five to 10 minutes before serving.
View this post on Instagram
- Two pounds pork ribs, boneless
- One-and-a-half tablespoons garlic powder
- One tablespoon onion powder
- Black pepper
- Prepare the oven to preheat at 350F, and while waiting, trim the boneless pork ribs of silverskin and excess fat.
- Smear a baking tray with cooking spray or oil, and place the pork ribs inside.
- Deepen the cuts by about 50% of the slab’s thickness, and rub in the seasonings.
- Bake the boneless pork ribs for about 25 to 30 minutes until the internal temperature reads 145F.
- Take the pork ribs out and sit for about five to 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
For more ideas on quickly cooking boneless pork ribs in the oven, check out this video.