Many people will agree that the instant pot is one of the most ideal cooking methods for frozen pork chops, and unlike other methods of cooking, the instant pot makes pork chops turn out exceptionally soft and delicious.
When you serve your frozen pork chops to your guests after cooking them in the instant pot, you’ll be surprised at the quality of the resulting taste and how people will hardly be able to tell that they were cooked from frozen.
This article will teach you how best to cook frozen pork chops in your instant pot in order to get delicious results. If you’re also not sure how long you should cook the frozen pork chops when using the instant pot, our timing guidelines should guide you until you get the best results.
Pork Chops Nutrition Facts
Tips for Cooking Frozen Pork Chops in Instant Pot
The tips, guidelines, and suggestions that have been provided below are necessary to keep in mind when cooking frozen pork chops in an Instant Pot:
Different cooking liquids to try – A variety of cooking liquids can be used to cook Instant Pot pork chops. If you’re not making a keto version of Instant Pot Pork Chops, you may replace the water or stock with fruit juice (pineapple juice in unsweetened varieties is a fantastic choice) or white wine.
Allow the steam to release naturally – Wait 10 minutes for the steam in the Instant Pot to naturally escape. You might be tempted to use the rapid release feature on the Instant Pot, but resist the urge. Releasing pressure naturally not only continues the cooking process (requiring more cooking time while under pressure), but a rapid release can also suck out the most quality from the meat.
The ideal amount to cook – In the larger versions of an Instant Pot (say an 8-quart model), you may be able to conveniently cook up to 4 to 6 pork chops at the same time. It is however important to take care not to overcrowd the pot when it’s time to fry.
Ideal cooking duration – The cooking time for frozen pork chops in the Instant Pot should be about 50 percent more than when cooking from a defrosted state. It takes nearly 50 minutes in the oven, but only 12 minutes in the Instant Pot!
Cooking frozen pork chops isn’t something many people do intentionally. We still advise cooking from raw rather than a frozen state, but there are times when you may just not be able to help it. As such, it’s very helpful to have information like this on hand in a pinch so you’ll still be able to cook and enjoy your Instant Pot pork chops.
Increase the duration of cooking by a few minutes if you’re working with pork chops of a thicker quality. If the pork chops aren’t fully done, return them to the Instant Pot for an extra 1 to 2 minutes, then check them again.
Use a meat thermometer – Ensure that you use a meat thermometer to check the temperature of the pork chops before serving them. It is important to make sure your chops are at a temperature of least 63 degrees Celsius (145 degrees Fahrenheit).
View this post on Instagram
Cooking Time for Frozen Pork Chops in Instant Pot
Keep the following timing guidelines in mind when cooking frozen pork chops in an Instant Pot:
|Cooking procedure||Cooking time|
|Cooking pork chops in the instant pot||12 minutes (excluding the time for natural pressure release after cooking)|
[amazon box=”B09SGWQXKW,B07BCX2YNG,B089RL84R5″ grid=”3″]Print
- In the instant pot, sauté ½ of a peeled and diced red onion using a bit of extra virgin olive oil; do this with the peeled (don’t dice them) garlic cloves. Add the thyme and mix well.
- White wine should be used to deglaze the pan after this sauteing process.
- Place the frozen pork chops within the instant pot on top of the wine. A cup of pork stock should also be poured over the frozen pork chops. Cook them for zero minutes with the lid atop the instant pot. Take the pork chops out of the instant pot after releasing the pressure naturally.
- Toss your potatoes into the instant pot, dice them but don’t peel them before doing this.
- Season the pork chops with salt & pepper and place them back on top.
- Cook the pork chops for 12 minutes on manual pressure with the lid on the instant pot and the valve set to sealing.
- Take the pork chops out of the instant pot after using QPR, then place them on dinner plates.
- Get your couscous ready following any recipe of your choosing.
- Stir everything inside the instant pot together with a hand blender until a creamy potato sauce with a thick quality is obtained from the mixture.
- Serve the pork chops alongside the couscous after pouring the creamy potato sauce over the pork chops.
This recipe for pork chops is quick and easy using the instant pot, and provided that the right cooking instructions are followed, you can be sure that you’ll arrive at desirable results. The entire cooking time for this recipe is 17 minutes, including a prep time of 5 minutes and a cook time of 12 minutes.
If you’re interested in more recipe ideas for instant pot pork chops, then we recommend that you check out this video recipe.
- If the pork chops you’re cooking are not glued together, skip step #3. To split up frozen pork chops that are stuck together, all you need is a short zero-minute cook.
- Garlic cloves are preferable because they will be mixed later and will not burn as easily in a sauté. It also eliminates the need to grate the garlic.
- If you want to serve part of the potatoes, a good idea is to add ½ a can of coconut milk to thicken the sauce; otherwise, it will be too watery.