A delicious topping for loaded French fries are the ingredients of a Philly cheese steak sandwich. These fries are topped with sliced steak, green pepper, onion, and cheese whiz. The steak is thinly sliced and then cooked on the stovetop with peppers and onions. You can really season the steak however you like but I used a combination of salt, pepper, garlic, and onion powder. You can also use whatever type of French fries you like for this recipe. To make things easy frozen French fries are always a good option. Enjoy.
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 green bell pepper (thinly sliced)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1lb rib-eye steak (sliced thinly as possible)
- ¼ cup water (or more)
- Salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder (to taste)
- 1 jar cheese whiz
- 1 ½ lbs frozen French fries
- Cook the frozen French fries according to package directions.
- Add oil to a large sauté pan over medium-heat heat. Add vegetables and sauté until tender. Season vegetables with salt and pepper while cooking if desired. Remove vegetables from the pan and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add steak to the hot pan. Season steak with salt and pepper. Quickly stir fry steak until browned. Deglaze the pan with water scrapping up any bits of steak stuck to the pan. Simmer until steak is tender.
- In a small saucepan or in a microwave safe dish heat the cheese whiz until it is thin and can easily be spooned over the fries.
- Once the fries are done cooking top them with steak, peppers and onions and spoon cheese whiz over the top.