These pizza sticks make a great appetizer to serve to guests or to prepare for a party. This recipe consists of mozzarella cheese sticks and sliced pepperoni wrapped in egg roll wrappers. The prepared pizza sticks are then cooked in a deep-fryer until golden brown. These can be prepared in advance and then frozen and cooked at a later time. You can also increase the ingredients if you want to prepare large batches. These go great dipped in pizza sauce and you can use whatever your favorite brand of pizza sauce is or even make your own. These pizza sticks are great to serve for the NFL playoffs and the Super Bowl. Enjoy.
- 12 pieces of string cheese
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 36 slices pepperoni
- 1 egg
- oil (for deep-frying)
- pizza sauce (for serving)
- In a small bowl lightly beat the egg. Lay out an egg roll wrapper onto a flat surface such as a cutting board or plate. Place 3 slices of pepperoni in a row down the center of each wrapper, so that the pepperoni is not touching the wrapper. Place a stick on string cheese on top of the pepperoni slices.
- Using the bottom of a spoon lightly spread the beaten egg on the outer edges of the wrapper. Fold the corners over the cheese stick. Fold the bottom corner over the cheese and pepperoni and keep rolling until the cheese is tightly sealed. Repeat with the remaining egg rolls.
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees F. Add egg rolls and deep fry in batches, turning occasionally until golden brown. Drain on a plate lined with paper towels.