Cooking bone-in pork chops in the oven is one of the quickest and simplest ways to prepare a tasty dinner. This is ideal for folks who are on the go and don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen.
I recommend looking for bone-in pork chops even if they take a bit longer to cook than boneless pork chops, yet they are another approach to ensure soft-cooked pork chops in my experience. And when I say “a bit longer to cook,” I’m only referring to a few minutes. It won’t even have a significant impact on your meal preparation.
Read on as you learn how to cook bone-in pork chops in the oven, don’t miss out on the amazing tips I included for your benefit too.
[amazon box=”B07RTCKSC2″ template=”horizontal”]
Pork Chops Nutrition Facts
Tips on How to Cook Bone-in Pork Chops in the Oven
You can simply follow these simple tips to ensure a delectable exterior and a perfectly cooked interior for your bone-in pork chops in the oven.
Bone-in and thick – Bone-in pork chops are typically thicker than boneless pork chops. You can get a lovely golden sear on both sides and a nicely cooked tender middle by choosing a thick chop.
If you wind up with thinner pork chops, you will have to modify the cooking time accordingly. You will simply allow the chops to sear for a shorter time then check the internal temperature to see when it’s done.
The Pan Size – When baking pork chops in the oven, you should not use a very big pan, too much space could result in drier chops. Try to use a pan that fits the pork chops firmly, but not too close together.
Seasoning – Bone-in pork chops can be prepared in a variety of ways. Some people season the pork chops with salt, black pepper, and paprika, then rub the mixture liberally onto both sides of the pork chops.
While some people also combine the salt, black pepper, paprika, and olive oil in a bag, then add the pork chops and seal the bag for 2 hours or more to allow the pork to absorb the seasoning flavour, making the pork chops juicier and more flavorful.
How To Cook Bone-in Pork Chops in The Oven – Pork chops that are ¾ inches thick are ideal for this recipe. Before you add the seasonings, you should make sure they are completely dry using a paper towel.
This pork recipe is fantastic plus it requires very little prep time, the majority of the cooking is done in the oven, and it cooks quickly. Follow this step-by-step guide I have outlined for your benefit:
Preheat the oven and sear the pork chops quickly – Start by preheating the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. You should place an oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat next.
Then allow the oil to heat for a few minutes while you dry the pork chops with paper towels. Make sure you season the pork chops with salt, pepper, onion powder, paprika, and dried herbs before searing them in a hot pan. You can cook them for around 3 minutes per side in the pan.
Garlic butter should be drizzled over the seared chops – In a small bowl, go on and combine the melted butter and garlic. Next, you should remove the pork chops from the pan and brush them with the garlic butter mix.
Bake the bone-in pork chops in the oven – Proceed to bake the chops for 12 to 15 minutes – basting halfway through with the butter sauce – in the preheated oven. If you note that the pork chops don’t achieve a temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit inside, you will have to bake them a bit longer.
Allow the pork chops to cool before serving – When the pork chops are done, you have to remove them from the oven and set them aside for 5 minutes to rest before garnishing and serving.
View this post on Instagram
How Long to Cook Bone-in Pork Chops in the Oven
The cooking time depends on the type of oven and pans used, as well as the thickness of the meat, but I normally bake pork chops for 15-20 minutes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||25 minutes||30 minutes|
Notably, you can turn them once halfway through or leave them to roast on their own.
This Oven-Baked Bone-In Pork Chops Recipe only calls for a quick sear and a few minutes in the oven. In approximately 30 minutes, you will have delicious, juicy chops with a garlic butter sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Get a 12-inch oven-safe skillet – ideally cast iron. Then proceed to heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Make sure you use paper towels to pat the pork chops dry.
- After that, you can now use salt, pepper, onion powder, paprika, oregano, and thyme to season the pork chops.
- Another step is making sure the pork chops are seared for 3 minutes per side until browned. While browning the pork chops, please do not overcrowd the skillet. You can brown the pork chops in batches if the skillet is too small.
- Meanwhile, get a mixing bowl and combine the melted butter and garlic.
- Then remove the pork chops from the skillet and pour the garlic butter sauce over them.
- Proceed to cook the pork chops for 12 to 15 minutes in the oven until they are done, registering an internal temperature reaching 145°F.
- Depending on the thickness of the chops, you will find that the cooking time will vary. Halfway through the cooking time, make sure you baste the pork chops with the butter sauce though.
- You can remove the pork chops from the oven when they are done. Place them on a serving plate to rest for 5 minutes before cutting into the chops.
- You can serve the pork chops with butter sauce and parsley as a garnish.
You can watch this video recipe to know how to cook bone-in pork chops in the oven.