When I first heard the name haddock, I thought it’d be a very difficult dish that I would never have learned how to cook. But look at me now! I discovered that cooking haddock is simple; I can cook it twice or thrice a week now. And you can too! You’ll be surprised at how fast and easy to cook this recipe dish.
In this article, we’ll be walking you through the necessary cooking tips, guidelines, and step-by-step instructions on how to get the best results when cooking haddock in your oven. We advise you to pay close attention to the following when attempting to cook this recipe dish.
Tips for Cooking Haddock in the Oven
Preheat your oven – a preheated oven helps the haddock to cook faster and thoroughly because it’s already hot and allows the heat to penetrate through the haddock faster. Preheat your oven to 375 degrees before you put the haddock in.
Use some breadcrumbs – breadcrumbs help to give the haddock a dry and crunchy surface when baked. This makes them flaky and crispy on the outside while retaining their moisture and softness on the inside.
Leave the haddock to sit – when you’re done seasoning your haddock fillets, allow them to sit for about 10 minutes or more to let them really absorb the spices, which help them with their flavoring and enhance their taste.
Keep the tail on – a lot of people normally cut off the tail of a haddock when they want to cook them, and while this isn’t so bad, the tail actually helps you get a better grip on the fish when you’re dipping it into milk and breadcrumbs because it’s harder than the rest of the fish. So keep the tails on the fish for easier convenience when coating it.
Make lemon wedge – a dish of haddock isn’t really complete without lemon! Cut up a lemon into wedges and squeeze some onto the fish for more flavor after you’re done cooking the haddock.
Great sides to try – there are amazing side dishes to try with this simple recipe dish. The very best ones to try are mashed potatoes, grated Parmesan cheese, fresh carrots, and tartar sauce. You can also cook rice, microwavable French fries, or whatever food you like.
Season your breadcrumbs – if you want your haddock to be absolutely savory and sweet, add your preferred kind of seasonings to your breadcrumbs. The number of seasonings you add in also depends on your taste. It’s your personal dish, so you can spice it up with whatever you like.
Rest your haddock – resting the haddock allows them to absorb all the seasonings and moisture in them, which makes them develop a completely savory taste and causes the insides to be tender and juicy. It also helps the haddock fillets to cool off for a bit, so they don’t burn your tongue or fingers.
You don’t have to use oil – if you follow a diet plan that has a limit on the amount of oil you consume per day, you don’t have to worry about oven-baked haddock. This recipe dish is great in the sense that you don’t necessarily need to add oil when cooking it. Instead, you can pour some melted butter on it before it goes into the oven.
View this post on Instagram
Cooking Time for Haddock in the Oven
We’ve compiled the appropriate and necessary timing guidelines you should always keep in mind when attempting to cook haddock in your oven.
|Cooking procedure||Cooking time|
|Cooking haddock in the oven at 375° F.||20 to 25 minutes|
- Put your fresh haddock fillets on a plate and sprinkle with salt. Leave the haddock to sit for about 10 to 15 minutes. Next, pour your flour, breadcrumbs, and eggs into three different trays or shallow plates. Season each of them with salt and pepper, and add the quantity of the seasonings according to your preference.
- Pour a little bit of your milk into the egg. Season the breadcrumbs; if you prefer more or fewer seasonings, add that amount or quantity. Mix all the seasonings and ingredients thoroughly in their respective tray and leave to set.
- Take your haddock by the tail and dip first into the tray containing flour, shaking off the excess. Next, into the tray holding the eggs, and lastly, into the tray of bread crumbs. Ensure the fish is fully coated on both sides. Repeat this process for all the haddock fillets.
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Place your coated fish into a baking tray and put it into the oven. Grab a knife and cut up your lemon into wedges, removing the top and bottom parts. Let the fish bake in the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
- After the cooking time for your haddock is over, carefully remove them from the oven and put them on a flat plate. Serve along with some mashed potatoes, carrots, and green beans. Squeeze some lemon and sprinkle some freshly grated Parmesan cheese on the fish dish. This is sure to give it an excellent flavoring.
- Your delicious oven-baked haddock is ready to be eaten. Add some tartar sauce to a small plate to the side. Enjoy!
This recipe for cooking haddock in the oven is really easy and simple to follow. You’ll turn into a professional at baking haddocks in no time, just like I did! Your family is sure to love this recipe dish at dinner.
If you’re looking for more ways to better your knowledge and skills at cooking haddock in your oven, please ensure you check out this amazing video recipe.