- 2 to 3 pounds of roast
- 5 lbs of choice potatoes, cut into chunks (if using small baby yellow potatoes, there’s no need to cut)
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- ½ onion, cut into chunks
- 4 cups of beef stock or beef broth broth
- 1 teaspoon of minced Garlic
- ½ teaspoon of Italian Seasoning
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of pepper
- ¼ cup of water for the gravy
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- To begin, cut all of your vegetables into large pieces. You want them to be larger so they don’t become mush.
- Place the meat in the crockpot first, then the vegetables around it.
- Combine all of your seasonings in a bowl.
- After that, pour in the beef stock.
- Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 5 hours, do this ensuring that the crockpot is covered.
- Remove the meat from the bone and shred it.
- It’s time to start making the gravy. In a small basin, mix together the cornstarch and ¼ cup of water.
- 2 cups of the liquid from the crockpot should be transferred to a saucepan.
- With the beef juice, whisk in the water and cornstarch mixture.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring often until it thickens, about 3-5 minutes. It will also continue the thickening process as it cools.
- Pour the gravy over the meat, potatoes, and carrots, and serve.
This recipe can be made within a total of 8 hours and 10 minutes, including a prep time of 10 minutes and a cook time of 8 hours. It’s a long process, but the resulting roast is so tender and delicious, and you’ll absolutely love the results. Check out this video recipe if you need more ideas on how to cook a rump roast in a crockpot.