If you’re trying frozen mozzarella sticks for the first time, we understand. It’s only a matter of time before these tasty cheese sticks make their way into your heart. But even those familiar with the recipe may have a problem with getting the desired results when cooking them, especially since the best mozzarella sticks are expected to be crispy outside and cheesy inside.
Luckily, the air fryer has come to the rescue for cooking frozen mozzarella sticks, and if you’re new to using it for the recipe, don’t worry. You can learn how to map the time for cooking frozen mozzarella sticks in an air fryer with our easy-to-read guide.
Mozzarella Sticks Nutrition Facts
Why Use the Air Fryer for Frozen Mozzarella Sticks?
The air fryer is fast becoming a regular kitchen appliance, but this fact isn’t yet registered to those on the fence. As such, cooking frozen mozzarella sticks in an air fryer may sound alien to some people. But wait! You should consider trying this kitchen appliance for frozen mozzarella sticks, or you’ll miss out on these amazing advantages;
Extra Crispy: Do you want super crispy mozzarella sticks every time? Then, the air fryer is your new best friend. Its entire design aims to create the best crusty exterior at every try!
It’s Healthy: Unlike most cooking methods that require additional oil, air fryers will cook frozen mozzarella sticks just as they are. This advantage appeals most to those looking to consume less fat, even with an already fat-rich recipe.
It’s Quick: The air fryer is also renowned for its quick-cooking and will whip up a batch of mozzarella sticks in less than 10 minutes!
It’s Stress-Free: Unlike the stovetop, where you’ll have to nurse the recipe and stir often, frozen mozzarella sticks in an air fryer require little babysitting!
It’s Easy: The instructions for the recipe and air fryer are so straightforward that you can complete the recipe with your eyes closed (but, of course, don’t do that).
Less Mess: With an air fryer and special parchment paper, cleaning up after cooking mozzarella sticks becomes a breeze. Plus, you won’t need to wash any dishes.
Making Frozen Mozzarella Sticks in an Air Fryer
The procedure for air fryer mozzarella sticks is simple; anyone can do it. At the start, the cheese sticks are brought out of the fridge and arranged in the air fryer basket. Then, they’re cooked to a crisp exterior and served with your favorite dipping sauce. And that’s it!
The recipe’s speed is owed to two things. First, air fryers function by circulating dry air in their chamber to cook food. This technology works like an oven, except the appliance is more compact and features a circulating fan, making food cook much faster. Second, mozzarella cheese sticks are fat-based, meaning their exterior is all you need to cook to a crisp while the insides remain gooey.
The cooking time for frozen mozzarella sticks depends on the air fryer’s speed and the temperature you cook. These appliances aren’t created equal, and some may work faster at achieving results than others. It’s why you’re advised to do a test run before committing the entire recipe so you can be certain of your appliance’s speed.
Once you’ve mastered your air fryer, cook the mozzarella sticks at 380F to 390F. Under this temperature, the cheese sticks will air-fry for five to seven minutes, after which they’ll be richly crispy on the outside. Then, serve the mozzarella sticks as preferred.
View this post on Instagram
- Mozzarella sticks are a fat-rich menu, so you won’t need to add oil or non-stick spray to the air fryer basket.
- Cook the frozen mozzarella sticks straight out of the freezer, and do not thaw first.
- Toss the mozzarella sticks in the basket halfway through the cooking period to expose more surfaces. If you’re not sure you’ll remember, set a time for it.
- You’ll need to arrange the frozen mozzarella sticks in a single layer; otherwise, the hot air won’t circulate efficiently. If you have more than the basket can carry in one layer, cook them in batches.
- Note that when cooking in batches, the air fryer continues to heat. As such, subsequent batches may cook faster than previous ones.
- Serve your mozzarella sticks with a side dip of marinara sauce or blue cheese dip. You can also consider options such as BBQ sauce, ketchup, ranch dressing, hot sauce, honey mustard sauce, tartar sauce, and Buffalo sauce.
- 10 mozzarella sticks, frozen
- Set the oven to 360F and let it heat. While waiting, arrange the frozen mozzarella sticks in the air fryer basket, ensuring they sit in one layer.
- Place the basket in the air fryer and cook the frozen mozzarella sticks for five to seven minutes, shaking the basket at half the time, so all the surfaces are exposed.
- When the time is up, remove the mozzarella sticks from the basket and serve as desired.
More ideas can be viewed here.